Phase #1 completed on the Jalopy JKUR

Dorkchop

Weekend Wheeler
yep, finally started to get a bit more serious about upgrading the Jalopy to make it more dependable and better as a DD. Last month, I installed the Power brake upgrades that replaced the rotors and the pads. Today, the guys over at the 4x4 shop in Livermore installed the PSC Overland kit which includes the new steering box, reservoir, etc. and I added in the sleeping platform that I finished over the week. For the platform, this is version 1 as I learned a lot from making it and seeing how I can improve it over time. I do really like the Milwaukee tool box and mounting plate as it'll give me tons of secure storage.
For phase #2, that will be re-gearing and a possible front axle upgrade though I have to see about a few things first. Here's some pics:
20210602_172403.jpg

20210602_172415.jpg
20210602_174258.jpg
20210602_174315.jpg
 

Dorkchop

Weekend Wheeler
It looks nice, I am excited to see the next phase of this build. I hope that you keep us posted.
Thanks, yeah the next phase is coming up as I'm finally going to address some death wobble issues, re-gear the rig and add some other axle upgrades. Hopefully I won't have to get a whole new axle housing but I'll be taking it in at the end of the month for a new track bar and a proper alignment
 

Dorkchop

Weekend Wheeler
the table was super easy to install, no more than 45min if I remember correctly. The quality wasn't too bad as I had to do some tweaking on the bump stops to keep it from rattling. Got to use it on my last trip and it held up well while making adult beverages
 
Top