Work in Progress - 2004 LJ

Runner

Jeep Owner
Like most Jeeps this one has been a work in progress. A fair amount of emphasis has been placed on seeing how much I can get out of a short arm suspension setup, as well as on keeping weight down. Basics for the Jeep are:

- Metalcloak short arm suspension, fenders, rocker guards, full corner guards, & 6Pak Shocks
- Currie HD steering, with Reid knuckles, Ford lockout hubs, & GM brakes
- Dana 44 front & rears, with alloy axles, 5.13 gears, & air lockers
- RubiCrawler mated to a 241OR
- All aluminum skids (UCF & Savvy)
- UCF aluminum front & rear bumpers
- and much, much more

Last edited:

Runner

Jeep Owner
Nice looking ride! How do you like the KO2's?
Having been through multiple tires, these are now my favorite "multi-purpose" tire. They're tough, wear well, and function nicely across multiple use cases. I liked them so much I've now put them on two different vehicles, with a third set planned for a new project Jeep. My only negative comment thus far is that you can only get them in a "C" rating in a 15" tire.

skatedad

Jeep Newb
Very nice looking. I have a 2006 LJ with the MetalCloak fenders as well, as well as control arms and front track bar. Really happy with all of their stuff I have added so far.

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Probably one of the best looking LJ's I've seen. Very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runner

Jeep Owner
How do you like those 6pak shocks man?! I didnt know you jumped on em, you're on WF too right?
I haven't put a lot of miles on them yet, but so far I'm very happy. The ride is smooth and improved over the 5100 Bilsteins I was running. However, the biggest gain I've seen thus far is shock travel. Based on my previous setup I was getting less than 10" (actually around 9.5") of shock travel. Although I haven't wheeled with the 6Pak shocks yet, I did remove the bump stops and cycle the suspension. By doing this I was able to get 12" of travel. I can squeeze out a little more, but now my rear tire, 35x12.50R17 KO2, comes in contact with the lower part of the rear fender-well. MC recommends trimming this so it's even with their rear corner guards (I have their full steel corners), but I haven't had time to do that yet. And yes, I'm on WF. BTW, love the color of your LJ! :)

Last edited:

Runner

Jeep Owner
Very clean rig. I like the color-matched fenders.
Much appreciated. Also, wanted to give a shout out to Will. He was tremendously patient and helpful as I called repeatedly to ask a thousand questions about your product offerings. Your products, service, and people at top notch! :)

Runner

Jeep Owner
Probably one of the best looking LJ's I've seen. Very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is very much appreciated! Especially because, with the exception of installing the 5.13 gears, all the work on the Jeep has been done by myself and my best friend of 25+ years. After wheeling it last year, I'm to ready to add to the build with a Rubicon T-case and RubiCrawler that are patiently waiting in the garage!