Metalcloak Flares and Fenders do not fit...or so it seems.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So my overline fenders finally came in and I couldn’t wait to see what the narrow flares looked like on the fenders. So I got all the bubble wrap off both of them and placed the flare on the fender and they didn’t fit! The holes that they bolt together at fit perfect at the base. But at the front end the flare sat about an inch higher.

Well after I calmed down and made a quick phone call. I found out this IS BY DESIGN. They do this to creat strength in the fender.

What you have to do is bolt the bottom of the flare on but do not tighten all the way. Then put a small amount of pressure on the front of the flare so that it lines up with the “ball” and bolt it on.

After all of that it fit like a champ and was very solid. I will be installing these on Sunday and will post up pictures and video better explaining the process. ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ladean2185

Jeep Newb
I just got my set of overlines and had to do a little welding on them to get the drivers side to bolt up. The passed side hood latch hole wasn't lined up either

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
I would just contact them with any issues. I had a problem with a bushing tearing on one of my swaybar links and they gave me a new set no questions asked. I told them only one was bad and they said to keep the other as a backup. They stand behind their products.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I would just contact them with any issues. I had a problem with a bushing tearing on one of my swaybar links and they gave me a new set no questions asked. I told them only one was bad and they said to keep the other as a backup. They stand behind their products.

I did not have a problem. Once I had spoke to them I realized why they were the way they are. I wanted to post this up in case anyone else had the same issue. Below is the pictures of the finish product. Install was very easy and straight forward.

Xkid

Jeep Fanatic
I did not have a problem. Once I had spoke to them I realized why they were the way they are. I wanted to post this up in case anyone else had the same issue. Below is the pictures of the finish product. Install was very easy and straight forward.

Looks good. What about the rear?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Looks good. What about the rear?

I hope to have those done before this weekend. I’m dreading all the nutcerts! Hopefully work isn’t too crazy this week and I can get it knocked out.

ladean2185

Jeep Newb

I talked to them earlier in the week and they said to send pics and a phone number and they would call me back. Haven't heard anything from them yet

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I talked to them earlier in the week and they said to send pics and a phone number and they would call me back. Haven't heard anything from them yet

Give them a shout again. There is always someone there and are very helpful.