New Parts List And What To Do First

punisher_780

Jeep Newb
I currently run the 3.5" true dual lift and I'm looking to upgrade to the full game changer. I want to replace the stock drag link and tie rod as well. What should I do first? I'd like to go ahead and get the tie rod and drag link as I have a steering wobble at 50mph that no one can figure out. Ball joints are fine, tires aren't out of round, wheels aren't out of balance...etc...should I get the front upper CA's when I do this? Is it ok to do the front and then in a couple months that complete the back end? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
If you are having an issue, do one thing at a time. You can do the front of the game changer, then the back, then work on steering, while driving it in between to see if and what fixed the issue.

You most likely have an alignment issue so I would go to a new alignment shop just to see what they say when you put on the new lift.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I currently run the 3.5" true dual lift and I'm looking to upgrade to the full game changer. I want to replace the stock drag link and tie rod as well. What should I do first? I'd like to go ahead and get the tie rod and drag link as I have a steering wobble at 50mph that no one can figure out. Ball joints are fine, tires aren't out of round, wheels aren't out of balance...etc...should I get the front upper CA's when I do this? Is it ok to do the front and then in a couple months that complete the back end? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Based off of what you said your vehicle is doing I would get a new tie rod and then have the toe corrected. This was my problem....or one of them...and it seemed to fix it. My ball joints are near the end of life....my steering wheel will move ever so slightly left and right at speed. That is the beginning of the end. Here is a pic of what my old tie rod looked like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punisher_780

Jeep Newb
I'm just waiting for a free shipping sale! I've got the tie rod (and a few other pieces) in my cart and hopefully it will right the problem. My ball joints aren't the issue, nor are the tires being out of balance. Fingers crossed!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I'm just waiting for a free shipping sale! I've got the tie rod (and a few other pieces) in my cart and hopefully it will right the problem. My ball joints aren't the issue, nor are the tires being out of balance. Fingers crossed!
Fingers are crossed for ya. Should get a flash sale on the next holiday. Maybe you can score a lucky shamrock sale for St. Patrick’s Day[emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk