What did you do to your jeep today?

The NotARubicon

Jeep Owner
Went to the local tire shop and had the front tires balanced in hopes that would cure the slight wobble I've been getting at 45MPH...
It didn't help...

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
Went to the local tire shop and had the front tires balanced in hopes that would cure the slight wobble I've been getting at 45MPH...
It didn't help...
I've had a wobble issue since I lifted and put on the HD steering kit. Was back at the alignment shop today (after being there yesterday) and luckily it was just a rebalance for me.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue and I hope you get yours sorted out soon!

The NotARubicon

Jeep Owner
I've had a wobble issue since I lifted and put on the HD steering kit. Was back at the alignment shop today (after being there yesterday) and luckily it was just a rebalance for me.
Sorry to hear you're having an issue and I hope you get yours sorted out soon!
Ive had the wobbles several times and all but once a balance took care of it.. The other time it took a new track-bar and bushings.. Hopefuly that's all it is again.. its just a minor irritation now so I'll just ignore it until it's undrivable then deal with it.

Rob50lx

Jeep Newb
Ordered MC Overline flares, Motobilt Frame Chop rear bumper , and Sumosprings bump stops. Removed and cleaned 6pak shocks to get a nitrogen recharge. Now the hard part is waiting for parts to arrive.

Rob50lx

Jeep Newb
It is time I go beyond the bolt-on stage of things.

6pak shops are getting recharged this weekend. So I removed factory bumpstops to prepare for sumosprings bump stops. Then got sidetracked and started checking clearances for new parts coming in.

I see I have some work to do if I only want to run 2" Bumpstops and even more work if I want to only run 1" bumpstops (that will be determined after Overline flares are installed) It looks like the Overline Flares will giving me plenty of room for 37s and 2" bumpstops and hopefully 1" bumpstops with major work.

I'm having frame to trackbar clearance issues before the factory bumpstop steel cup even hits the 2" bump stop. I will have to notch the frame near the raised trackbar mount.

The JKS Trackbar also hits my Synergy sector shaft brace. I'll have to find a trackbar that has a better bend.

I have 17" of available shock space as it currently sits completely compressed. I will have to do some measurements when spring is fully extended.

I also need to determine if I should lengthen the MC control arms to center bumpstop steel cup on the 2" bumpstop spacers. I was following the MC install directions but I'm running Rancho drop brackets and Teraflex D44 housing.

I have a lot of work ahead of me. Sadly the jeep will being going back together by next weekend because I have to move a friend to Aspen. This will be a long project.

I guess I should start a build thread.

Bumpstop cup and 2" spacers

20181201_122830.jpg

Trackbar bushing and raised mount frame interference
20181201_122848.jpg

Another Trackbar picture
20181201_122934.jpg

Sector shaft brace nut contacting JKS Trackbar
20181201_123035.jpg

Deciding if I need to lengthen MC control arms to move axle forward to center bumpstop
20181201_123158.jpg

Currently 17" of compressed shock length
20181201_124820.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I washed the pig. All this rain we are getting makes mud impossible to avoid. I honestly think they is the first time I have washed it since May of last year 😬