What did you do to your jeep today?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
@ El Sanchimoto Looks real nice. I did the same thing.
Painted Granite Crystal and Orange
I like that!

We installed the rear drive shaft and made some fine tuning on the suspension before we hit the alignment shop. Also installed some PIAA 530's in the front bumper and had to make some brackets that fit the bumper.

SethG

Jeep Owner
Installed a Novak transfer case shifter linkage. The banged up skid plate was a bear trying to get it to line up when I was putting it back together but she shifts nice and smooth now. I hope that my days of popping out of 4 wheel low are over. I'll have a chance to try it out for a couple of days next weekend at the Topless for Tatas event at Rausch Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Installed a Dynomax rock crawler exhaust. Sounds good. No drone and not too loud. I am a little concerned that the bottom of the exhaust will get damaged pretty bad on the rocks but will have to see. Kinda wish there was a skid for it. One thing to remember when installing that I did not was to remove the plastic wrap on the muffler. Everything was so shiny that I could not tell it was on there. Then I drove for an hour. What a melted, stinky, smokey mess. Most of it peeled off once cooled. MEK did the rest. You will have to do some adjusting once you get it in as it could make contact with the body of the jk.

I also covered up the dealership propaganda with my Dynomax sticker[emoji1303].

Got to give a big thank you to Rock Your 4X4 in Knoxville, TN for the hook up. Jason Cooper has an incredible amount of knowledge and will beat or match anyone's prices. And will shop nation wide. www.rockyour4x4.com. His website isn't much but his personal service is. Check out his videos on you tube as well. Outstanding. They just got back from Moab. Stick a fork in that!

https://vimeo.com/178234032IMG_0868.JPG

NorCalScott

Jeep Newb
I had the new RockSport Steering Stabilizer put on my MJ, what a difference that makes going from nothing (3years!) to this sweet damper. Much smoother steering input.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I need to get one. I haven't ran one in a year. Mainly because they keep getting smashed on the rocks due to my height.

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
Last week with a little birthday cash I bought and installed the Poison Spyder Heat Louvers ahead of my offroad clubs outing in Gorman, CA. I haven't had any issue with overheating yet here in SoCal but I'm not looking to either. On real hot days I had noticed a hit to both performance & fuel efficiency, reading up on it I learned about heat soak and how it can affect electrical systems too... so this can hopefully help abate that as well. Next steps are finding the right snorkel that works with my cargo cage.

20160909_122634.jpg

20160910_080538.jpg

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Ive been a bit busy lately so excuse my delayed post.

Replaced the grill.

Plasti-dipped the silver center section of the bumper.

Replaced the fog lights.

Put on new wheels and tires.

Put on a MC 2.5 Overland Rocksport kit

Put on a Rocksport steering stabilizer. I did not care for the red.

CowMoo

Jeep Owner
Last week with a little birthday cash I bought and installed the Poison Spyder Heat Louvers ahead of my offroad clubs outing in Gorman, CA. I haven't had any issue with overheating yet here in SoCal but I'm not looking to either. On real hot days I had noticed a hit to both performance & fuel efficiency, reading up on it I learned about heat soak and how it can affect electrical systems too... so this can hopefully help abate that as well. Next steps are finding the right snorkel that works with my cargo cage.

View attachment 288

View attachment 289
That looks amazing on top of working well!

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
adjusted the parking brake, re-spooled the winch and just did a good visual inspection of everything on the underside. going to dixie run in sparta tn next week and want to be prepared.