Tools in Your Garage

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I will not let anyone work on my cars/trucks or Jeeps. I like to do the work myself and know it is done right. I have a list and a small collection of tools. :) Before I spill the beans, what is your favorite tools and favorite brands while working on your Jeep?

skatedad

Jeep Newb
My favorite tool lately has to be my compressor and air tools. It makes doing many of the tasks on the projects easier. What I really need but have yet to purchase is a nice set of ratchet wrenches.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I am the same way. My favorite tool lately has been them brake pressure bleeder. Make bleeding out brakes much faster.
:) Just got the Motive product power Bleeder. Love it. :)

My favorite tool lately has to be my compressor and air tools. It makes doing many of the tasks on the projects easier. What I really need but have yet to purchase is a nice set of ratchet wrenches.
We just bought the dewalt dual stage 80 gallon and like it. Great price from Home depot as they will match the Rural King price.

We must be on the same wavelength, I have a set of Sonic ratchet wrenches coming and maybe a set of GearWrench to test.

Todd Ockert

I also do all the work on my Jeep.

The best tools that I have bought have been the air compressor and air tools to make the job easier.
I also really like my Craftsman 1/2 battery impact. I take it on the trails with me.
Also, on the trail, I carry a 15 lb CO2 tank for tires and air tools.

I do wish I had a welder and could weld at times.
I have two projects planned, but need a welder or a friend that does and can!

OmniscientHiers

Jeep Owner
While my air tools and compressor are nice and convenient to have, my Hobart stick welder is easily the best investment in the garage. I've done so much more to the jeep because of it.

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
Well, I shouldn't call him a tool because that would be mean but my Nephew is my favorite. He has all the tools and we have a blast working together.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I think right now I am overly thankful for ratchet wrenches. I know that is not high on the priority lift for many, but I could not go without them!

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
I think right now I am overly thankful for ratchet wrenches. I know that is not high on the priority lift for many, but I could not go without them!
I love them too. What a great and simple tool.

I love also love my ramps. They give more room to maneuver around underneath while on the dolly and I can slide from bumper to bumper no problem. This was really handy while I was redoing my breather lines.

Andrew05LJR

Jeep Owner
Literally what I was going to say when I started reading, those were the first tool to come to mind. Having just finishing my Magnaflow cat replacements on my LJ few weeks ago, the 15mm ratchet wrench was my best friend for sure!!! I know need to invest in other sizes, only have 10-15mm

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
Along with what others have said, quality Pry Bars.

The new craftsman hard handle ones with the striking cap are amazing for the dollar!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I gotta get a good pry bar. Been a many of time I wished I had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarleensTJ

Jeep Newb
The ratchet wrenches with the pivoting Head is a must! Just did the exhaust/intake manifold gasket on my TJ with them- what a time and knuckle saver!