New PSC steering box

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Did anybody see PSC's new HD steering box? Freaking thing is AWESOME. Mel from EVO has been running it on a 4 door w/ 40's and 60's... No steering stabilizer OR assist. Its advertised to take place of assist up to a 37" tire.
Future boxes will be ported for assist if needed.
For $850 im all over this thing.

Venders are taking preorders now FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So this thing has enough juice to push 37"+ tires locked on the rocks???

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
$850 isn't that bad. I would've gone that route when I did hydro assist if it was available at that price. Just their ported box as almost $1K when I did mine, so I went with the AGR instead for about $600.

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
$850 isn't that bad. I would've gone that route when I did hydro assist if it was available at that price. Just their ported box as almost $1K when I did mine, so I went with the AGR instead for about $600.
Agree

I am going to get this box and do a review. Talking to PSC i have the ideal setup with 37's. I have nothing to lose besides the price which imo is not bad. Plus saves a lot of time and extra parts dealing with assist.

Psc knows steering and found many stock boxes not balanced correctly. I asked if that could cause pulling issues some people have and he said absolutely.

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
What is this AGR you speak of? I was thinking of doing the west Texas off-road but still looking at options. 40's and tons are in the future for me.

AMcBride423

Jeep Owner
Ive seen this, very interested in seeing how it actually does on the trail. Definitely will be looking into getting one when I go to my 37s.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
What is this AGR you speak of? I was thinking of doing the west Texas off-road but still looking at options. 40's and tons are in the future for me.

http://www.agrperformance.com/

My understanding and who knows if it's actually true is there were a couple of guys that started AGR and had a falling out and one of them left and started PSC, or maybe it was the other way around. Maybe true maybe not, that's what happened with RockCrusher when they went out of business and then came back as Solid, one partner had to buy out the other.

So AGR has an entire system but like I said I ended up just ordering the box they use in their system and building the rest of the system from other parts.

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Dunno Brian, if you know me i always do a ton of research before installing anything. Tips/Tricks, tools needed, order of operation, anything else i may need? For example a cooler, etc.
Lastly the temperature not 10° LOL

Pthorpe84

Staff member
All you had to say was 10 degrees!

Soooo what ya doing with your old steering box....

gingerempire

Jeep Newb
I talked to PSC at the offroad expo in Texas and saw it in person. They let me turn the wheel on one of their rigs running it with 40s. Even with a cold engine, it turned the 40s easily.

Also, PSC said they weren't even running a SS on it. He admitted they actually forgot to reinstall the SS, but with the heavy duty design of the piston soaking up the bumps, they were just going to leave it off.

gingerempire

Jeep Newb
No. I was just talking with them at the display, and he asked if I wanted to turn the wheel on one of the Jeeps. So we walked over to one of their Jeeps. With a cold engine, I imagine that it took a slightly bit more effort than when warmed up. But as it was, it turned the wheels just fine.

The Jeep did have an LS3 swap, but I don't think that would matter.