Limit straps

JRBurn

Jeep Newb
I’m installing shock limit straps and I’m not sure if it’s okay to use the lower control arm or the bottom shock bolts locations to connect the bottom of the strap too? (I have the upper strap location done) My lift is a Metalcloak GC 2.5 with Fox 2.0 w/ reservoir.

Thanks

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I personally would not use the control arm. It seems to me that would be pressure that is not needed on the bushings. The shock bolt is not that strong, so if I did use it I would upgrade it to a grade 8.

Why not wrap it around the axle?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
The best option would be to weld a tab on the axle and attach it there with grade 8 hardware as stated above.

I really like this location as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
The best option would be to weld a tab on the axle and attach it there with grade 8 hardware as stated above.

I really like this location as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This location works really well on aftermarket housings with thicker mounts but on a stock axle it can be an issue because of how thin the stock mounts are. The lower control arm bolt works and should not be an issue as long as the strap clears but welding a double shear tab set on is the best option. You will also want to make sure that you set limiting straps so that the shocks are about one inch from full travel to account for the straps stretching.

JRBurn

Jeep Newb
I would use that location but my axle truss does not allow me to drill there (not enough metal to drill 1/2" hole)

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
You can burn the mounting tabs to the back of the truss. Should be room on both sides to have them in about the same spot.