From Mississippi live in Hawaii (military)

Fulton48

Jeep Newb
New to the forum here and wanted to say hello. I am originally from Alabama have our home in South Mississippi now but I live in Hawaii for the next 3 years. I am 17 years in the Navy Seabees. and we will be moving back to Gulfport when i retire.looking foward to wheeling while i am over here and also when we get back south.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Welcome! Hawaii would be an awesome place for a Jeep! We went to Maui and were able to see whales and do a lot of bike riding. It was/is a different way of life. There were a lot of people who are homeless and live on the beach. we went to get groceries and there were no bags because all the garbage needs to be hauled away.

In so many ways it was very cool. Fishing was amazing. We would catch a amberjack or snapper and when reeling it in, about 25 percent would get eaten by a shark. So in some cases we would get just the head of the fish or we would actually hook the shark. Pretty cool.

We also caught a small tuna on the way out and were able to eat that while going out to the place we fished.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Mahalo and thank you for your service.

It's a bit confusing. You a bama, ms state, ol'miss, Hawaii, or auburn fan!?!

Welcome to the forum. You are truly in Gods country. I spent 9 days in Maui a couple years ago and miss it every day. Everything Brian said is 100% true for you folks that haven't been there. We actually rented a jeep and drove the entire road to Hana....including the 1 land on the sides of a cliff parts what a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulton48

Jeep Newb
Thanks guys. Yes it is a totally different world over here. Good and Bad all at the same time. Pthorpe84 I am 100% Bama fan. However and yes i know what i am fixin to say is almost unamerican but i really dont even watch sports. LOL. Yes i know i know. But am a very very active person and have very little time that I am able to just sit.

Funny story time. The way I got My jeep!!!
Got orders to Hawaii We had my truck and my wifes Maurano. My wife says well we are going to hawaii so we should get a jeep. ME: Ok but we will get a better deal if we trade my truck in instead of your car. Wife: ok sounds good are you sure you dont mind driving the Murano a little more cause it would be My jeep. ME: Nope perfectly fine. Now I go out and find a jeep that we like. and get the deal rolling. Then it clicks the jeep dosent have AC(if anyone knows what all i have to install would be nice. . ME: honey i am not getting the jeep No AC. Wife well its mine anyways and the top will be down anyways so yes we are. ME: OK. so we switch out driving From Feb-April. Jeep ships to hawaii. We get to hawaii. Wife Drives 1 day comes home says I give up all claims to the jeep you can have it it is yours. ME::D

So The Moral of the story is sometimes to get what you want you just have to know how to play your cards. LOL.

As for my jeep its a 2012 JK 2 door. I just got 4.88s, Grizzly in the rear and Spartan in the front, Front and rear bumpers with winch and tube doors. ON The WAY: is 3.5" Game changer with 35" BFG ATs. HD Spare tier carrier, Pypes High Clearance Exhaust.

This is my first jeep but I have been in the offroad world Most of my life. I own Swampworx Offroad(formerly Submarine Snorkels) Back in MS(which i shut down due to PCS but will reopen) So if anyone ever needs ATV/UTV parts let me know.

AMcBride423

Jeep Owner
Welcome to the forum brother! Thank you for your service...even though youre Navy... Go Army! haha. Would love to go do some wheeling out in Hawaii...but, Im on the opposite side of the country.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Thanks guys. Yes it is a totally different world over here. Good and Bad all at the same time. Pthorpe84 I am 100% Bama fan. However and yes i know what i am fixin to say is almost unamerican but i really dont even watch sports. LOL. .
Blasphemy!!!!

Great looking ride. I didn't know they still made them with out AC anymore. You ever get back to the south you be hating that! My fat azz has to have it. How much body lift are you running? Looks tall

Fulton48

Jeep Newb
Blasphemy!!!!

Great looking ride. I didn't know they still made them with out AC anymore. You ever get back to the south you be hating that! My fat azz has to have it. How much body lift are you running? Looks tall

Yeah trust me I know. And yes I am gonna be hatin life once back in MS. However I am still looking for ways to add it. Only way I have found is to have the dealer do it but I can't even get any of them to give me a price. Lol as for lift right now it is only a 1.5" spacer lift. No body at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Yeah trust me I know. And yes I am gonna be hatin life once back in MS. However I am still looking for ways to add it. Only way I have found is to have the dealer do it but I can't even get any of them to give me a price. Lol as for lift right now it is only a 1.5" spacer lift. No body at all.

Seriously, what is the worst thing you feel about living in Hawaii?

Fulton48

Jeep Newb
On Oahu. We lived on the west side of the island for about 6 months. Took me an hour min to get to work every morning. About 15 miles no accidents. If there were accidents at least 2 hours. Then we moved to base housing just outside base.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
Yeah, when I lived in Silicon Valley it was 8 miles from my house to my office, 45 minutes minimum.