Getting things started.

lindel

Jeep Owner
I have most of a 3.5" Game Changer. I lack the quick disconnects (in my possession, but haven't had time to install), and planning to replace the Currie/Savvy control arms in the rear. The rest of the suspension is MC ARB.

I'm also going to order a set of Overline fenders with 4" flares, next month, following up with the rears and then the rockers

SethG

Jeep Owner
Have MC front arched fenders. Love them!!! My wife and I are now so addicted to the MC site......

Quick question.....at what age to kids stop costing money? I could use the extra cash for more parts.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Have MC front arched fenders. Love them!!! My wife and I are now so addicted to the MC site......

Quick question.....at what age to kids stop costing money? I could use the extra cash for more parts.
NEVER!!! They get more expensive. Then they have have kids and then they both want money! But I sure do love them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Same here. Bought my 16 yr old a Jeep so all my $$ has gone to getting his 04 fixed up. My 14 yr old has announced he also wants a Jeep. No $$ for me for a long time!

SethG

Jeep Owner
Yeh, my 18 year old daughter got a crawling and mud ready XJ for her 16th birthday. Got rear ended bending the passenger rear frame rail. Now totaled.

She's a good girl though and knew I wouldn't be replacing it until she's done college. Thank goodness that the Philadelphia area has reasonably good public transportation.

Sorry to have sent this thread in a sideways direction.

The XJ didn't have any metal cloak (even though I wished it did).

Who else is cloaked up?

sardog12

Jeep Newb
Lots of great looking Jeeps in here. Mine is a bit of a frankenlift but I am working on making the suspension more MC. My current MC contributions are the control arms and the track bars so I only really need some springs and shocks.

WP_20161105_17_31_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160925_10_14_39_Pro.jpg

Attachments

okslim

Jeep Newb
From the way I brought it home to a 3.5" MC Gamechanger with the aluminum arms, plus added some sliders from MC as well.
IMG_1770.jpg
IMG_2726.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg

Topher

Jeep Owner
About a month after purchase my buddy I've known since grade school convinces me to take the Jeep off road. He had a CJ7 in high school so I "trusted" him. The first hill he told me to climb I told him he was nuts. Once I got to the top I was hooked. Oh man what else can we do. I was totally shocked by what a stock TJ could do. So much fun, such a rush. In retrospect the hill was tiny, but I thought it was ginormous.

My second trip out and two months after purchase we hit the 360 trails in Irving, TX. This was July 2000.2000_TJ_2000.07.01_02.jpg

2000_TJ_2000.07.01_03.jpg

2000_TJ_2000.07.01_04.jpg

Topher

Jeep Owner
I intended to post my MC install but was distracted with my Jeep's history. On to the cloaking.

I went with the 3.5 short arm rocksport edition. It turned out great.

The purchase
2017-08-04 21.42.55.jpg

Old vs New
2017-09-10 10.49.32.jpg

2017-09-10 10.50.15.jpg

The tools
2017-09-10 15.02.01.jpg

Finished
2017-09-10 18.37.05.jpg

Last edited: