Prepping for the 36 Hours of Uwharrie, anyone have any knowledge on this challenge?

So I signed up for the 36 hours of Uwharrie, I will be taking a 2016 JKU, to date this is where I have it...

--- 2.5" Metal Cloak Springs and RockSport shocks, TeraFlex Speedbumps, Teraflex front and rear swaybars, Teraflex Lower control arms, Metal Cloak front and rear trackbars, extended brake lines.
ARB front bumper, Warn 9000Xi winch with Synthetic Rope 100', ARB Engine and Trans skid plate
Rubicon Express Fuel and transfer skid plates
Poision Spider front and rear Differental covers
BF Goodrich KM2 255/85r16 33.3" tall
Open front and rear diffs.. would like lockers and a regear, but its not in the books as of yet.

Still need.... Roof Rack for canoe transport, Gobi is nice and expensive, also looking at the Kargo Master Safari, a better rear tire carrier, plus added fuel and a Hi-lift jack mount.

So this is where I'm sitting as of today, if anyone has ideas and knowledge of this event, please share it with me.

Looking for what to pack, what to leave home ideas.

Thanks!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have never heard of it at all but it has to be challenging. Any concerns with being too top heavy with a rack and added weight? Not sure how often you will get in an off camber situation for this but something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to concerned, I'm sure I will be the lowest vehicle there....LOL. The rack should only add 150lbs with the canoe mounted.

Although, I do plan on mounting my Hi-Lift and spare fuel can, on the Safari Rack also.

Last edited:

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
No knowledge of the event, but I wheel with a guy in an old Willy's that routinely ran the Rubicon with a canoe strapped to the top, he's since switched to a much smaller kayak.