6-Packs

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Are the same 6-packs used in the 2.5 and 3.5? It looked like the extended and collapsed lengths were the same on the MC website.

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Dont they have different lengths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so. They have a very short eye-2-eye compressed and very long fully extended.

Edit:

Looks like they have 2 different 6 pack shocks. One for 4.5-5.5 kits and one for the 2.5-3.5 kits.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
What about the 4.5 and 5.5 lift? Seems like you could use those shocks and get more down travel and use a limiting strap at the pumpkin. Thoughts?

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
By using the longer shock from the 4.5/5.5" kits you would need to address the steering to handle the added droop. The total travel is the same in the front with the mounts adjusted to move the travel down. The rear uses a longer shock and it could be used but we have not tested it to see what all would have to be addressed at the lower height.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
At what point do you run into driveshaft issues with the droop. At some point the rear would need some serious slide int he shaft!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I agree on the drive shaft. I'm sure Carolina drive shaft or anyone else for that matter could take care of the driveshaft. But be able to keep the jeep lower and have more travel would be outstanding. It would be a custom build for sure but it is intriguing. I guess the real question is at what length does the spring not longer sit in its perch if I were to run the longer 6 pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk