Metal Cloak Rockers

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So I ordered these in a few weeks ago and have been to busy to install them. After I ordered them, I got a phone call confirming they had shipped and that no freight was charged per the promo. Actually amazed me to get that. They came in with no damage at all and were packaged very well....and a day early [emoji1303].
When doing the test fit, it is a must to use jack stands. I tried to be cheap and try several other ways but ended up using the stands. Everything lined up perfect. I will tell you to do your self a favor and use the MC hardware. Don't try to use the existing Jeep stuff. Just doesn't look right.
After the test fit I decided to clean up the steel with some MEK and then slap on a coat of primer. I used the Spray-on Bedliner as a finish and was quite surprised at how it looked....after about 5 coats. It takes forever. I am going to over coat it at some point with some satin black. The picture below is after 2 coats.
Once done I put them back on the jeep and was very pleased with the over all appearance of them.
sorry it was raining.

Over all I am very happy with them and the quality is top notch. The only issue I have is that the "balls" on them are not solid. (I'm really being picky here) Performance wise that makes no difference. On a coatings and corrosion standpoint it's a nightmare. This is the one area that you must spend some extra time prepping and coating. If you miss even a small area you will be looking at corrosion quickly. This by no means a deal break but something you all should be aware of. Especially up north.

One small note: I used the MC Video for the install and it made my life easier. Make sure to check it out and watch it a couple times through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Look great.

2 door Rubicon, 3.5" RockKrawler x-factor, 37x12.5x17 MTR's, Steer Smarts Yeti steering, Savvy aluminum half doors.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Thanks. I will be glad when I get to order my next project. I really want the rear flair mount exoskin and use it as a flair delete. Will be a few months sadly.

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Curious where the strength comes mounting like that?

2 door Rubicon, 3.5" RockKrawler x-factor, 37x12.5x17 MTR's, Steer Smarts Yeti steering, Savvy aluminum half doors.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
They are bolted in two different places. At the pinch seam and up under the tub. Once you get all the bolts tightened that thing doesn't move at all. Your pinch seam is protected all the way down, so when you set the rig down on obstacles the body feels nothing. I know by just looking at it that it makes no sense, but I have buddy's that beat the piss out of their rig and have had zero issues.

I know frame mounted is what most folks see as the strongest and it may be. But there is not a big advantage to frame mounting that I can see. Strength is more than enough on body mounted. Plus I get an extra couple inches of ground clearance due to nothing being attached at the frame.