Ask The Expert- 1310 adapters for D60 and Sterling

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Anyone know the adaptor that can be used to link a 1310 driveshaft to a D60 and Sterling 10.5? Really wanting to build a set of junkyards but I don't want to get the MC 1310's then have to buy 1350's a year or so later because of axle swap. Advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
As in what u-joint? If so the Spicer 1310/1350 conversion joint is 5-460X.

FWIW, my HP44 used a 1350, and I switched the yoke to 1310 because it needed a new yoke anyway and 1310's are cheaper than the conversion joint. The rear 60 I was running used 1310's, but the 14 bolt uses 1350's so I got the conversion joint. Got that all in over this past week. I'll post up some pics eventually when I get them into photobucket.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So there are 1310 yokes for the 60 and Sterling (super duty's). As long as that can be changed all should be good I would thing.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
I don't know if the yokes are different between the front and rear 60's. The rear 60 I had was from a '69 Dodge 3/4 ton truck, I'd assume you could get a 1310 yoke but I don't know for sure. For the sterling, I think you can get a flange rather than a yoke and then maybe get a flange adapter like the 8.8 adapters, but I don't know anything really about those.

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
Anyone know the adaptor that can be used to link a 1310 driveshaft to a D60 and Sterling 10.5? Really wanting to build a set of junkyards but I don't want to get the MC 1310's then have to buy 1350's a year or so later because of axle swap. Advice

I know that I have seen 1310 yokes for both however you will most likely need to have the length of the driveline changed when you do the swap because those axles have a much longer pinion than the D44's and D30's that the JK's use. If you use our drivelines you can have the yoke changed when you have the length adjusted if you want to.

If your stock driveline is still good you might want to wait until you do the swap.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Can the MC drivelines be ordered in different lengths? I had always assumed they were made to accommodate your lifts specifically.

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
We don't do custom lengths. That is something a local driveline shop or a shop like JE Reel or Adams would be better suited for.