Hello from Huntington Beach

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
Hi guys and gals

Here are some photos of my 04 TJ current mileage 76,000
I have been doing a lot of overland exploring over the past two years.
This jeep has been a project, I have replaced everything a few times, learned a great lesson. If your going to really off road save your money and buy the best or next to the best. Don't buy cheap crap when it comes to off roading.

I have the metalcloak front fenders, Wow! The extra clearance they gave me is unreal and well worth the money.
Here is a list of upgrades I have done.
Metalcloak arch front fenders 8" fenders. The best on the market !
4" suspension with 1" body lift, originally I did the rough country 4" suspension, yeah junk! I have replaced the upper and front lower control arms with the rubicon supper flex. I need to replace the rears because the bushings are almost shot. I also think I should replace the springs, not too sure what aftermarket springs would be the best for what I'm doing. I would love to hear feed back on springs.
Slip yoke eliminator kit and drive shaft.
New front driveshaft
Dana 44 G4 completel axle with ARB locker
ARB twin air compressor and 2.5 gal tank
Yellow top dual battery set up
35" MTR tires on 15" rims
Slotted rotors
Steel braided lines for all aftermarket lines including all the air lines
Smittybuilt add on rollcage system
Smittybuilt overhead storage system
Tonken oil pan skid plate
Bilstine shocks with remote reservoirs
Curry drag link and tir rods
Corbeau GTI II leather front seats
Complete second skin sound deading kit- - a must to quite the outside noise while driving on the fwy
CB
Upgraded sound system, 2/10" subs, mids, twitters and amp, Bluetooth connection for iPhone with stock head unit
Rammounts for iPad, and two iPhones a must for maps while off road
Winch
Roof rack
8 9" hid lights and 8 7" hid lights yeah I know a overkill until your having to drive at night, I always end up leading.
Orfab tire carrier
Rock sliders
Completely replaced every part on the AC and is still does not work! Go figure! Still dealing with this problem
I'm sure I missed some of the other stuff I have done over the past two years.

Hope you guys like what I have done so far, I still have a list of items I want to install.

Again I would love to hear feed back on springs. Right now I get a lot of roll and bounce, then again I have so much weight added can this be helped?

Attachments

G

Gary

Welcome to the forum Jamesharvey and thanks for posting those great pictures.

Todd Ockert

Welcome

To help with the sway, I might try adding the Currie Anti-rock swaybar system.
The MC springs as they are dual rate might help also to stiffen up the ride a little.

Get as much of the heavy weight inside the Jeep to keep it as low as possible.

Nice rig.

Todd

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
Hi

Thanks you, the problem is the amount of stuff we have to pack for our trips! The little TJ does not have enough room inside for all our gear for two guys for 5+ days camping this is why I put the rack on top.
My springs seemed to have become bouncy after a few years. I have the rough county springs on there now. I have been looking at the MC, Currie and rubicon springs. Not sure what ones to go with.
What are your thoughts on these springs?

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
Thanks!
Yeah, when it comes to night driving I want to be able to see all around me.
I seen someone on YouTube do a video on a LED watercooled lights flash light.
If someone can package this into a light bar the HID lights will be obsolete.
I'm thinking of messing around and trying to build a watercooled LED light bar.

Todd Ockert

I would go with the MetalCloak dual rate springs.

They have about the same price point as the other guys springs.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I think with all those lights he scares the darkness into submission!
:smash:

Todd
It's a vampire killer. I would think there is two alternators and 4 yellow tops! Lol

Still like jeep by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
I would go with the MetalCloak dual rate springs.

They have about the same price point as the other guys springs.

Todd
I left them a message today.
They seem to be the best on the market. Need to see what their reply is before I purchase them.
Thanks for the reply

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
Not yet
The guys at metalcloak said I need to get my bump stops corrected before buying springs since my shocks bottom out before the bump stops. Once that is fixed he said look at the springs

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Should be an easy and cheap fix. MC bumps are inexpensive....but so are hockey pucks on amazon. I need to do mine as well. My I tires are in my tub big time. Did a ton of trimming Friday. Will check it next week when I get back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesharvey

Jeep Owner
Update on my problem
After installing new lower and upper bumpstops in the rear I did a off road trip.
Destroyed the opera bump stop. Ended up replacing front and rear springs to the teriflex and installing new upper bumpstops.
I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome