modernjeeper
Kicker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-tons on a JK?

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

1-tons on a JK?

Anybody have pics of 1-ton axles on a JK with a ~2.5" lift? Trying to plan out my build and I am looking at an axle pair from a '05 or newer F250 (Dana 60 front and Sterling rear) and I want to run a 2.5" Metal Cloak Gamechanger w/ 6-pack or a RockKrawler 2.5" long arm setup with that. Planning on 37" tires on 16.5 wheels.

2. Thanks Matsonian thanked for this post
    Likes Macaw1us, Compoint liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't recommend running 16.5s, even if you had the h1 double beads.

4. Likes Pthorpe84, jeep4x4ss liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done it. My Jk is on Mopar Dana 60's with 2 1/2" lift. If you go any less than that there won't be any up travel. Another thing you are going to get into with that much travel, is hitting the shock body on the frame at full articulation. I used 12" travel fox shocks and even with the skinny body they are right on the frame when the passenger side is drooped because the track bar pulls the axle. It does work perfectly, but it is at the limit. If you are building axles I'd suggest moving up and out the lower shock mount. That should help. I don't believe I'd mess with a long arm for 12" travel. I just don't think it's worth it. Most kits locate the control arm brackets under the frame and you just get hung up on them. Especially with only 2 1/2 lift. Regarding the 16.5's, not sure what Omniscient has against them, but I don't think they would clear my brakes. The 17's are tight. Mine is on 35's right now, but I'm looking for a set of 37 beadlocks to use wheeling. I'm confident they'll clear with my trimmed fenders.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 JKU Dana 60's 4.88 2 1/2" Synergy on 35" BFG ko2.
    2-2004 TJ's with Boss Vplows
    45 Willys.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the sterling you will need to have at least a 3" lift if you want any up travel at all. I suggest you give Dan at Fusion 4X4 and discuss with him. He has them on his jk and is running around 3.5. He is on many forums as Invest2m4. I also agree with Omni on the wheels. You need at least 17's to clear the brakes. Honestly for 37's I would just run stock til they break. 40's would be a more logical fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    I've done it. My Jk is on Mopar Dana 60's with 2 1/2" lift. If you go any less than that there won't be any up travel. Another thing you are going to get into with that much travel, is hitting the shock body on the frame at full articulation. I used 12" travel fox shocks and even with the skinny body they are right on the frame when the passenger side is drooped because the track bar pulls the axle. It does work perfectly, but it is at the limit. If you are building axles I'd suggest moving up and out the lower shock mount. That should help. I don't believe I'd mess with a long arm for 12" travel. I just don't think it's worth it. Most kits locate the control arm brackets under the frame and you just get hung up on them. Especially with only 2 1/2 lift. Regarding the 16.5's, not sure what Omniscient has against them, but I don't think they would clear my brakes. The 17's are tight. Mine is on 35's right now, but I'm looking for a set of 37 beadlocks to use wheeling. I'm confident they'll clear with my trimmed fenders.
    FYI Spyderlock 17's and 17" Slabs will NOT work with the Mopar Ultimate D60's. The brakes they use on them are so massive the lip of the rim will not fit over it. Just a heads up.
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

JK on Fusion 60 and Fusion 10.5 axles and 40's with stretch. Dan (Invest2m4 on all forums) used custom long arms made with MetalCloak Joints. The stretch is incredible with no binding at all due to joints. There was a particular part of this trail I wish I had picture off. The rig was about 8 ft off the ground and way off camber. Crawled down with no issues. Ori's were at full droop on one side and stuffed on the other. It was incredible. hope this gives everyone an idea on great the Fusion Axles are under a JK and that tons are a great, affordable option for JK's. I am eager to see the MC lock and Loads paired with this set up for jk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Def give Fusion a call. Those guys do some great work.

2 door Rubicon, 3.5" lift, 37x12.5x17 MTR's.
    2 Door black JK - 3.5 RK X`factor - 37x12.5x17 MTRs - SteerSmarts Yeti steering - Rancho 5000x shocks 31/30 w/ EVO Rockstars - VKS sliders - Adams driveshaft - Savvy aluminum half doors

10. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be building 3 sets of One Tons for three jeeps before I drive from Boston to the Rubicon in September... I will share the build on here when the work starts after I get back from my Honeymoon. I have decided to use the GM 14 bolt with shave kit instead of the Sterling though

12. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have The bolt on Dana 60s under our JKU with a 3.5 MetalCloak Overland Elite lift. It also has a 4BT and a second fuel,tank where they put the stock muffler, so it rides lower. Lastly, we're running 35x12.50 R17 BFG T/A KO2s. High speed up travel is limited, mostly due to the weight of the Jeep. Low speed, offroad, it has great travel up and down. I have noticed that steering is more positive and the ride is better. I will say that these axles will require careful measurement of the wheels to ensure they clear the breaks. Not all 17" wheels will clear the breaks on these axles. Double check that the 16.6" wheels will clear the brakes on your axles.

Follow our adventures in Africa: www.thepioneeringspirit.com

14. Likes Jeepin3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhin0247 View Post
    I will be building 3 sets of One Tons for three jeeps before I drive from Boston to the Rubicon in September... I will share the build on here when the work starts after I get back from my Honeymoon. I have decided to use the GM 14 bolt with shave kit instead of the Sterling though
    Can't wait to see the build. Post it up so that we can see the progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk