Double Parking

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well in our apartment complex there is not enough spots to park. So when I saw this little car taking up two spots I decided to move my jeep to make room for my wife's car....I hope I get to see them in the morning before they get in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I had to do that last night at BWW..... There was a sweet Mercedes parked like that and it was very windy. I assumed they did not want door dings. so I parked quite a ways away, but up the curb.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
That stuff drives me nuts. I think double parking irritates me more that someone tailgating.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
No kidding. Surely we could google it and find some to print off[emoji854]

Other_Erik

Jeep Owner
Had a similar issue at one point, where the parking was parallel, and assigned. I got home from work and someone was parked half in my assigned spot, half in my ex's assigned spot (she was still living with me at the time)

So I parked in the very front of my spot, leaving about 2 inches between the front of my BMW X5 and the line to the next spot, and MAYBE a half-inch between my rear bumper and jackwagon's front bumper.

A few hours later, my ex came home and this car was still parked there. I finagled her car into the remaining room to the rear end of her spot - kinda tight since the person assigned the spot behind her was fairly close to the line between spots. Now jackwagon has a grand total of an inch of room around their car.

And so it would remain for the next 11 days

Day 2: Jackwagon has the nerve to knock on my door and ask me to move a vehicle. I'd been drinking, so of course I was in no shape to move them.
Day 3: Jackwagon again knocks, sorry but I just took my pain meds, I can't do it.
Day 4: Ex and I catch a ride from my brother to get to work (neither of us was unreasonably out of the way for him, and he found it amusing)
Day 5: Jackwagon shows up with the cops. I'm ready! Note to responding officer that I'm parked within the confines of my assigned parking spaces and have absolutely zero legal imperative to move them. Officer agrees, says that it'd be really nice of me to move a vehicle but there's nothing he can do to compel me to do so. I return to grilling some sausages and chicken, offer cops to join me if they want some late lunch/early dinner.
Day 6: Jackwagon pleads for me to move a vehicle so he can get to work. I'm having none of it. I guess McD's was down one fry cook that day, and yet the world managed to survive.
Day 7: Jump into the Bimmer, fire it up. Sit and listen to music in the A/C for the next 2 and a half hours while he's idling his car behind me. Shut down the Bimmer and head back in the house.
Day 8: Almost thwarted! Brother couldn't give us a ride to work. Ex convinced one of her friends to swing by a half hour out of their way to keep the shenanigans going.
Day 9: Starting to get bored of it. Randomly unlock and lock the Bimmer and the ex's car. Evil plan is hatched! Amazon Prime, don't fail me now!
Day 10: Mad cackling ensues. Make sure we recognize when his buddy comes by to pick him up and take him to work.
Day 11: Let the games begin! UPS drops off a couple of packages for me. Make sure Jackwagon isn't watching and waiting. By now, the neighbor that wasn't an asshole is in on the fun, too. He had a security camera facing the street that he let me view remote so I would know if Jackwagon was screwing with the vehicles (he did try, once, to push the ex's car out of the way)

I open up the boxes, chuckling madly to myself. I know the time is at hand.

Day 11/12, around 1am: the plan comes to fruition. I park the two heavy duty floor jacks underneath his front and rear differentials and, quietly as I can, jack them up high enough to get his tires off the ground. Friend of mine helps me pull the car out into the street and move it into Jackwagon's driveway. We deposit the car very carefully, one tire on his front porch, nose touching the column in the front, rear bumper snugged up against the wall of his garage, looking like someone skidded it sideways into the spot, with no room to spare.

I don't know what ever happened to Jackwagon, but I do know that nobody ever parked in either of my spots again...

O_E

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Had a similar issue at one point, where the parking was parallel, and assigned. I got home from work and someone was parked half in my assigned spot, half in my ex's assigned spot (she was still living with me at the time)

So I parked in the very front of my spot, leaving about 2 inches between the front of my BMW X5 and the line to the next spot, and MAYBE a half-inch between my rear bumper and jackwagon's front bumper.

A few hours later, my ex came home and this car was still parked there. I finagled her car into the remaining room to the rear end of her spot - kinda tight since the person assigned the spot behind her was fairly close to the line between spots. Now jackwagon has a grand total of an inch of room around their car.

And so it would remain for the next 11 days

Day 2: Jackwagon has the nerve to knock on my door and ask me to move a vehicle. I'd been drinking, so of course I was in no shape to move them.
Day 3: Jackwagon again knocks, sorry but I just took my pain meds, I can't do it.
Day 4: Ex and I catch a ride from my brother to get to work (neither of us was unreasonably out of the way for him, and he found it amusing)
Day 5: Jackwagon shows up with the cops. I'm ready! Note to responding officer that I'm parked within the confines of my assigned parking spaces and have absolutely zero legal imperative to move them. Officer agrees, says that it'd be really nice of me to move a vehicle but there's nothing he can do to compel me to do so. I return to grilling some sausages and chicken, offer cops to join me if they want some late lunch/early dinner.
Day 6: Jackwagon pleads for me to move a vehicle so he can get to work. I'm having none of it. I guess McD's was down one fry cook that day, and yet the world managed to survive.
Day 7: Jump into the Bimmer, fire it up. Sit and listen to music in the A/C for the next 2 and a half hours while he's idling his car behind me. Shut down the Bimmer and head back in the house.
Day 8: Almost thwarted! Brother couldn't give us a ride to work. Ex convinced one of her friends to swing by a half hour out of their way to keep the shenanigans going.
Day 9: Starting to get bored of it. Randomly unlock and lock the Bimmer and the ex's car. Evil plan is hatched! Amazon Prime, don't fail me now!
Day 10: Mad cackling ensues. Make sure we recognize when his buddy comes by to pick him up and take him to work.
Day 11: Let the games begin! UPS drops off a couple of packages for me. Make sure Jackwagon isn't watching and waiting. By now, the neighbor that wasn't an asshole is in on the fun, too. He had a security camera facing the street that he let me view remote so I would know if Jackwagon was screwing with the vehicles (he did try, once, to push the ex's car out of the way)

I open up the boxes, chuckling madly to myself. I know the time is at hand.

Day 11/12, around 1am: the plan comes to fruition. I park the two heavy duty floor jacks underneath his front and rear differentials and, quietly as I can, jack them up high enough to get his tires off the ground. Friend of mine helps me pull the car out into the street and move it into Jackwagon's driveway. We deposit the car very carefully, one tire on his front porch, nose touching the column in the front, rear bumper snugged up against the wall of his garage, looking like someone skidded it sideways into the spot, with no room to spare.

I don't know what ever happened to Jackwagon, but I do know that nobody ever parked in either of my spots again...

O_E
You sir are my evil hero. Best story I have read in a while. Wish you had some pictures of it.

LAK

Jeep Newb
I also hate when people do that. At that point my passenger side is about a foot from their doors, they won't hurt my jeep with therir tin doors.

AMcBride423

Jeep Owner
Thats the great thing about being lifted with steel armor, go ahead, hit the side of my Jeep, youre not going to hurt my rock rail, just your door. Maybe the rock rash will scratch your paint up some as well.