New to me....

Pthorpe84

Staff member
found a great deal on a set of 37's. spent all day yesterday mounting them to Slabs. I haven't ran a steering stabilizer for over a year and pretty sure I am needing to bring it back. Tires will get balanced today or tomorrow so I am hoping that all cures the death wobble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
And before any of you ask....yes on stock suspension. No lift. Just a spacer upfront to compensate for the weight of the bumper and winch.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
FWIW, I've always looked at the stabilizer as a band aid. I'm sure there are differing opinions and understand manufacturers put them there for a reason etc, but with balanced tires and proper geometry you really shouldn't need one. I say this, but I'm driving an old YJ sprung over on 37's so I'm not really talking apples to apples with your application.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
FWIW, I've always looked at the stabilizer as a band aid. I'm sure there are differing opinions and understand manufacturers put them there for a reason etc, but with balanced tires and proper geometry you really shouldn't need one. I say this, but I'm driving an old YJ sprung over on 37's so I'm not really talking apples to apples with your application.
Thanks buddy. I agree on the stabilizer. The tire balance thing is the issue. Just slapping tires on beads rarely work with the MTR's. They balance horribly anyhow. Will keep ya posted on how it turns out.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Yep. I really want to keep it as low as possible even when I go to tons in a couple years. I'm thinking 2.5 lift max. But if I do, I will most likely go with a longer shock and a limit strap on the pumpkin. I would think with a progressive spring, I may be able to get away with this but have not researched a great deal on it yet. Would love to hear more from anyone on it.