Cleopatra LJ Build

Coriahock

Jeep Newb
Hi all!

New to this forum, but excited. Just started a new job at Carolina Custom in Cornelius, NC. Great way to continue my Cleopatra LJ build. Had the pleasure of meeting Corey Osborne yesterday at the CTI 2016 Tour, thanks to Metal Cloak for setting up the event with us here down in North Carolina. He introduced me to this forum, and so far, seems to be quite impressive, that's why I am starting a build thread on this forum. I have been adding to the build since February of 2014. The previous owner had contributed a lot, but I've taken her under my wing as far as maintenance goes and building her up to be the strongest she can be off-road.

Here's the list of what the original owner built up himself, and I'll start on what I've changed/fixed/added after....

2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
4.0 Engine w/ Automatic Transmission/ 4:1 Transfer case/ Dana 44
Axles/4:10 gears
Front/Rear air locking differentials
Superior Cromoly Axle Shafts
RUBICON EXPRESS 4" inch Long Arm Suspension System (full kit w/skidplate)
ACOS coil spacer/bumpstops in front (Jeep sits perfectly level)
RUBICON EXPRESS Sway Bar disconnects
CURRIE ENTERPRISES Currectlync Heavy Duty Steering System
TOM WOODS C/V Driveshafts
37"x12.50" SUPER SWAMPER IROK radial tires (30% tread or more) on 15x8
Black Rockcrawler Wheels
Custom Front Bumper w/WARN M8000# Winch and HELLA Offroad Lights
Brand new Roller fairlead and Winch Cable (not pictured)
POISON SPYDER CUSTOMS 'Rocker Knockers' rocker protection w/ tube sliders
Poison Spyder rear corners
ROKMEN Rear Bumper w/ 3/4" tow points and 2" receiver hitch
EMP Gas Tank, Radiator, Steering Box Skid Plates
Stainless Braided Brake Lines
K&N Air Filter
RUFF STUFF Specialties 1/4" steel Differential Covers
SPIDERTRAX 3/4" Wheel Spacers
Flush Mount LED Taillights
MAGNAFLOW Muffler
Great shape and super reliable.
New Rampage Soft top

From this point, (which was a 7 hour drive home from Virginia!), Since then, the list continues-
-I sold the wheels & upgraded to Black Rhino 17x9
-replaced the tires & upgraded to Yokohama Geolander M/T 38x12.50R7
-replaced the rear fenders with Metal Cloak tube fenders
-replaced the front fenders with Smittybilt tube fenders (the budget could only sustain one nice set, new set to come....)
-Pro comp dual cube LED offroad lights
-Yukon 4:88 gear upgrade
-blacked out logos &decals that support my cause
-relocated my flashers with Metal Cloak into the fenders
-replaced the winch line
-replaced the inside lights with LED and installed flex LED lights under the rail inside the door frames
-replaced water pump
-replaced o2 sensors
-replaced spark plugs
-replaced pretty much the entire evap system
-replaced catalytic converter

The check engine light is a persistent little light, just persistent enough to ruin someones day Since I've owned it, for two years, that light has been on. It was fixed the first year with a bracket welded onto the exhaust and able to pass inspection. It returned a week after passing, and this past week, it may have finally been resolved. After meineke fought hard for 13+ trips attempting to repair it, a coworker of mine at the Lake Norman Jeep dealership found one of the wires near the front O2 sensors had come loose, so here's to hoping that light stays off. While fixing tho, he found a crack in my driveshaft, so it has been successfully parked in my garage again, until I have some spare time to get a new one and install. I also have 4 new ball joints sitting in my garage waiting to be put on as well, this code has been my main focus for some time now. The front air locker still has difficulty engaging, my thoughts are that the air pump is just not pulling enough to trigger it.

Well, here's some pics for now of some of the upgrades, more is to come and thanks to MetalCloak's visit, new front tube fenders will be in the process soon.

Attachments

Coriahock

Jeep Newb
Thank you!

I appreciate half of what the previous owner did and am lucky to have found such a steal. Now I'm just cleaning up what the Rock Salt did to the actual Jeep itself rust wise and taking care of that.

I did some research today, and instead of removing my rockers and having them powder coated, I think in the long run, I'd rather just get the rockers from Metal Cloak already powder coated, swap them out and just sell the Poison Spyder Rockers. I've never really been a big fan of their brand and this would be more, what's the word, pleasurable on my OCD and having things "match".

Coriahock

Jeep Newb
Not at all, and they are great. They are fairly quiet for their size on the road and have done great off road. Dry vs wet, havent noticed a tire slip yet. We ran them on an H1 as well and they did great offroad