Deer season!!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Folks. Figured there is a few rednecks. Let's post up about what we are after, share some picks, and hopefully some good success stories. Bonehead stories are always welcome![emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
not sure where this is from. Dad sent it to me. Love the pic

IMG_4217.JPGcouple small bucks

IMG_4218.JPGIMG_4219.JPGthis is the bear we have been after for nearly 10 years now. When the acorns start to fall he disappears every year. For sure a big one for our area.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Our property is a bit slow this year. We are surrounded by farms, so it is not odd to have this happen depending on the crops planted around us. Still hoping to pull off a good season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Heck as long as there is a little woods among all that food you will have deer. Where are y'all at?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Heck as long as there is a little woods among all that food you will have deer. Where are y'all at?

We are in mid-michigan. The issue is that we have big deer due to being by the bay shore and people know it. People hunt on all sides of my woods.

Last year we had a guy hear us shoot and come running claiming he shot a deer and it dropped in our field. That guy called the DNR and said we took his deer. Said it was a small six point. Well, the small six point was with the 10 point we shot. We showed the dnr officer our camera shots and it was over. But the stupidity is all over here.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Yeah I would have to tell that guy to F off! Idiots are every where. I have no use for poachers and liars

Todd Ockert

We are in mid-michigan. The issue is that we have big deer due to being by the bay shore and people know it. People hunt on all sides of my woods.

Last year we had a guy hear us shoot and come running claiming he shot a deer and it dropped in our field. That guy called the DNR and said we took his deer. Said it was a small six point. Well, the small six point was with the 10 point we shot. We showed the dnr officer our camera shots and it was over. But the stupidity is all over here.
I grew up near Traverse City, and my grand parents had lots of woods also.
We had the same issue with the knuckleheads coming up near our area and shooting at any sound they heard in the woods.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Can't stand folks like that. They are why we all don't have access to land we used to. Worried we have that problem right now. Haven't had a picture in 3 days in a row. Sucks

Pthorpe84

Staff member
IMG_4243.JPG
couple new pics. Not much to write home about but they are typical deer in our area

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Lol. I have not had a deer on camera in the last week and this weekend is the youth hunt. :(

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Yikes. That is not good. Put some of those yellow acorns out!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
IMG_4265.JPGfinally got some with no velvet. Sad thing is the bear is still tearing up everything.