Best looking tire & rim combo

SteelTarget

Jeep Owner
I went with the Mickey Thompson Wheels and MTZ tires, I really like them. Even wear and so far the road noise isn't that bad.

20170801_095010.jpg

Kyle

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Big fan of those tires. Reminds me of the treapador pattern. A local guy has them and they bite really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
i am partial to trail ready beadlocks and trail grapplers :)

I do love those trail readys. Do you have many issues dealing with ice forming at the bottom of the ring in winter? Or mud and rocks for that matter?

USStrongman

Jeep Newb
Just ordered these: Black Rhino Armory - 17x9.5 with 4.5" backspacing & -18MM Offset.

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-armory-8-lug-gunblack-std-org.jpg

Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17. 33.86" tall

IMG_2512.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Love the chambers. Hate the Goodyears. I personally won't ever run them again.
I’m with you. They are with out a doubt the worst tires I have ever had. They hook up to the rocks great, but they don’t balance worth a crap.

cva4x4

Jeep Newb
I do love those trail readys. Do you have many issues dealing with ice forming at the bottom of the ring in winter? Or mud and rocks for that matter?

don't know yet, going into my first winter with them. so far no issues with mud or water in them. also, they required 0 balancing. i simply mounted the tires, bolted them on, and was driving 75mph 5 minutes later without an issue. testament to quality control from TR and Nitto.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
don't know yet, going into my first winter with them. so far no issues with mud or water in them. also, they required 0 balancing. i simply mounted the tires, bolted them on, and was driving 75mph 5 minutes later without an issue. testament to quality control from TR and Nitto.
My slabs didn’t balance great. Part of that is the MTR-k. Even so, my new Toyo MT still needed quite a big of weight. Everyone else I spoke to said that they didn’t need much balancing.

Word of advice. Check for frozen water in them in the mornings.....or the death wobble monster will get you!

cva4x4

Jeep Newb
My slabs didn’t balance great. Part of that is the MTR-k. Even so, my new Toyo MT still needed quite a big of weight. Everyone else I spoke to said that they didn’t need much balancing.

Word of advice. Check for frozen water in them in the mornings.....or the death wobble monster will get you!

will do. yeah MTRs are notorious for balancing issues. because mine is a DD i chose a combo that favored that.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Best looking tire & rim combo

will do. yeah MTRs are notorious for balancing issues. because mine is a DD i chose a combo that favored that.
You are very wise weedhopper.