modernjeeper
Kicker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

Metal cloak control arms vs curry

I am trying to decide between metalcloak's control arms with duroflex joints vs curry's with Johnny joints. Here are my questions for those that may know:

1. Metalcloak's website shows that they out flex the curry arms by quite a bit. Does anyone have knowledge of this to confirm it in real life ?
    Here is their like to the comparison :

http://www.metalcloak.com/Jeep-Suspe...arts-s/235.htm

2. Do either arms have the joints on both ends or just one?

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curry arms have Johnny Joints at both ends, MC arms have duroflex joints at both ends. Both are quality arms, both work very well. I currently have MC arms up front, and Curry/Savvy arms in the rear. I didn't plan it that way, it just worked out that way. I'll be swapping the rear arms out for MC arms, as funds allow...not because I dislike the Curry arms in any way, but I figure that I went with a MC Game changer lift (albeit, a piece at a time), I might as well go all the way.
    His Jeep: 1999 Wrangler, Flame Red, Locked and Loaded.
    Her Jeep: 1987 Grand Wagoneer, mostly stock.

3. Likes MickeyB liked this post
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lindel View Post
    Curry arms have Johnny Joints at both ends, MC arms have duroflex joints at both ends. Both are quality arms, both work very well. I currently have MC arms up front, and Curry/Savvy arms in the rear. I didn't plan it that way, it just worked out that way. I'll be swapping the rear arms out for MC arms, as funds allow...not because I dislike the Curry arms in any way, but I figure that I went with a MC Game changer lift (albeit, a piece at a time), I might as well go all the way.
    I'm also looking at the game changer lift. Did you go with the six pack shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep Fanatic
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Currie arms on our Jeep. It performs very well, but if I could swap them out to the MetalCloak arms I would. Just a cost thing at the moment.
    It is not that I dislike the Currie arms, just that I know MetalCloak does a lot to support Land Use and Access and i will support them.

I would say that either is good, MC is better, and more so for their support of Land Use and Access.

Thanks
    President Sharetrails.org/BlueRibbon Coalition

Life member of
    Cal4Wheel
    BlueRibbon Coalition

Retired US Navy.

6. Likes MickeyB, SethG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a great video showing some differences between the types of arms on the market. There is another that is a bit better. Will post shortly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8dE_tFFvjfU

8. Thanks Matsonian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Metal cloak control arms vs curry

Found it. This will clear up any mud in the water for you. With out a doubt the best flex on the market. Good luck on your decision and I hope this helps

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4TpL-LwJQ

Last edited by Pthorpe84; 08-07-2016 at 04:24 PM.

10. Thanks Matsonian thanked for this post
    Likes MickeyB liked this post
    Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, one more question: will adding curry or metal cloak control arms and track bars affect the ride quality? ie. More body roll or instability of any kind?

Post Thanks / Like
    The track bars will affect ride and is recommended. The control will affect ride quality when off-road, this is primarily due to the flexing. Stock arms are extremely stiff. With that being said, on road the arms will make no difference at all.

Most of your "smooth ride" will come from your shocks and springs. Everything else will affect the vehicles mannerisms when maneuvering.

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently on non progressive springs and Bilstein 5100. I like my smooth ride quality. Is it fair to say that progressive springs will stiffen up the ride?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Todd can prolly better elaborate on that. I do know that the 5100's are know for their stiffness. For a smoother ride you may want a softer shock. The 5160's are a bit softer. I have yet to order my MC's so I am not sure how they would compare.

15. Likes MickeyB liked this post