Ask The Expert- Clock spring

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
I did find a part number that lists for the 2008-2012 but you will want to confirm it with a dealer against your vin number.

5156106AD

SethG

Jeep Owner
Mine (in my JK) went bad a couple of years ago and I looked online for recalls and found that the right hand drive wranglers had a recall on the clock spring. I called Chrysler and asked why only the RH drive would have a recall and not the left hand. They gave me some nonsense about how mail carriers have their windows open all the time and they get dust in them. Obviously, most jeeps don't have windows, doors or roofs on for significant periods of time. When I gave them that argument, they ran it up the ladder and ended up covering a replacement at the dealership for free. About a year ago, Chrysler engineering called me to see how the replacement worked and asked if I'd be interested in having a new one installed that they had been experimenting with. Apparently there were issues with the old ones. I said sure and they put in a new one again for free.

Try giving Chrysler a call. It may save you the $ and time.

SethG

Jeep Owner
Coincidentally, I just got a safety recall notice in the mail today for the clock spring on all 2007-2010 wranglers. I know you were just looking for the part number but thought it may help. Hopefully you didn't buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azomike

Jeep Newb
Coincidentally, I just got a safety recall notice in the mail today for the clock spring on all 2007-2010 wranglers. I know you were just looking for the part number but thought it may help. Hopefully you didn't buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess they figured out that if you use your Jeep as a Jeep you can get dust in the Clock spring. Just had mine in to get replaced under the recall.