Welcome to "Ask an Off-Road Tech"

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Modern Jeeper Forum is pleased to announce a collaboration with a talented and experienced Jeep Off-Road Tech, who has agreed to answer your questions in the new “Ask an Off-Road Tech” section -- a Modern Jeeper Forum exclusive.

How it Will Work?
Cloaked Willys has agreed to answer your questions here as often as he can. Each needs to be posted in a separate thread so you can discuss the question fully. Everyone is invited to engage, answer and discuss these questions! The questions can be about anything mechanical & Jeep related. Any lift kit can be discussed. Lets keep the questions TECHNICAL. Please do not ask to compare lift kits. You can however ask to compare specific joints or alignment.

Who is This Cloaked Willies Guy Anyway?
Cloaked Willys is Will Richason, a senior tech advisor and customer service manager here at Metalcloak. Prior to Metalcloak he was on the front counter with 4 Wheel Parts for 12 years.

He is a general tech expert who has a head for all kinds of esoteric stuff about everything from 4x4's to street racers.

What Should I Ask?

No matter the topic, please ask your question in a civil manner and try to make the questions succinct.

Cloaked Willys

Jeep Fanatic
Hi, I just wanted to add a little more to my background. I grew up around modified automotive and build muscle cars in high school then got into off road. I have done all of my own suspension and motor work. This includes building motors and custom fabbing the coil over suspension on the front of Matsionian's 4500 class race car. I am also a diesel guy and am partially responsible for the Metalcloak Dodge control arms after I built a set for my truck to see what the joints would hold up to. I am currently building a 1952 Willys Wagon that will have Metalcloak overline fenders hence " Cloaked Willys". I started this project with a body and frame. The body is the only thing getting reused and it is set up to run 40" tires on 1 ton axles with coilovers and a build SBC.