KJeeper's JK build

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
During all my flex test I noticed my front shocks nipping the frame. I was looking at either the MC or JKS brackets. I forget why i went with JKS but im happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Oh what the hell, looks like some of my previous post did not show in this debacle. I forgot where i was at and Posted some duplicate info lol

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Back on track. My Rk arms had some play in the flex bushings. I was told since i got a early version there was a change and he would get me new bushings. I needed a easy way to loosen the jam nuts and also hold joint orientation when torquing down. I dont know how difficult other brands are but these are a pain in the butt. 250-300 ft bs is not easy.
During my last week at my job i used their lathe to machine two spacers to hold the joint center in a vice. Couldn't believe how easy it made it. Instead of working outside in the cold i bolted my vice to a long board and worked in my appt LOL

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
20 degrees is cold when working on a vehicle. The metal seems to be -20 degrees when you touch it. I am not a fan of working in the cold! Great way to work around the process. Jeep is looking great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
20 degrees is cold when working on a vehicle. The metal seems to be -20 degrees when you touch it. I am not a fan of working in the cold! Great way to work around the process. Jeep is looking great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I worked up a semi sweat so all and all it wasnt that bad.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
My knuckles hurt just thinking about working on the jeep sub 40 degree weather. Kudos to ya.

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
A little update. So i got ahold of a set of the latest revision RK rear coils. Fronts were changed but rears were not. I did not think there would be a big difference. Holy crap was i wrong. The new coils are a good 30% softer.
Only drawback is settling with weight. I dropped a good 1.5 in height in the rear after the swap. I had planned running spacers but after measuring realized its now where it should be at 3.5" (3" rear 4" front)
Ill hold on to the .75 spacers if ever needed.
My axle was now a good .5 offset. Instead of dealing with my RK track bars jam nuts i made a ad for a stock one guessing the axle would center pretty close. I was correct its only 1/8 off now to the DS. I still need to address the sway bar. Its sitting about +5, a little high for the rear.
Heres the pics big difference. Felt weird sitting in it after but way softer on the road.

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
PSC's new HD box if anyone is interested. I dont know when i will get it installed ... way to cold.... brrr

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Congrats! I can't wait to get rid of my MTR's.

Did you get the Machetes?

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
Thanks, it was more function over form as far as the wheel. He chose one that was reasonably inexpensive and similar to what i had. I soo cant wait to get rid of the MTR's.