modernjeeper
Raceline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you find a nice YJ anymore?

I am looking for a decent 6cyl YJ for a build. There is nothing on the market that gives you a decent platform to start with. Everything is a 4cyl or has 180K on it... Plus being from a northern state, its all rust.

Any tips to find a decently priced, nice YJ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Craigslist pro and search the southern states. Lots of decent ones in Tennessee alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Craigslist pro and search the southern states. Lots of decent ones in Tennessee alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just found one in Arizona with 20k on it. Priced right, but by the time you fly to look at it and drive it home, you have a ton of money into it. To make it work, you almost have to buy it blind and have it shipped.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I just found one in Arizona with 20k on it. Priced right, but by the time you fly to look at it and drive it home, you have a ton of money into it. To make it work, you almost have to buy it blind and have it shipped.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    What are you looking for exactly and I will keep my eye out locally
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ideally, I need a good body and interior. It would be nice not to have a ton of miles, but if the body and interior don't show it, we can work with it. This will be built up with a lift/tires/bumper/ and so on. I would like to get a 6cyl just for the interior and drive train upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look in Canada since our dollar is garbage...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyleru3 View Post
    Look in Canada since our dollar is garbage...

But the rust..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    But the rust..
    There's some good ones floating around

Post Thanks / Like
    Tons of nice YJ's in AZ and CA, but distance is the major draw back to that. I've torn mine apart and re-built it three times and have yet to come across a bolt that's "rusted in" and it's a '90.

If you have a trailer and tow rig you can drive there and back for less than shipping a vehicle. That's assuming you get decent mileage etc. I had my '66 C10 shipped from OK to CA and it was about $1,400, I went and picked up my '63 Nova and round trip fuel was under $900 and that was before fuel prices dropped and I've got an '08 Super Duty sporting about 13 mpg highway while towing.

10. Likes Offgrid, Luuca liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a decent one here in South Carolina a few weeks ago. Just remember that the newest YJ was built in 95, so it's 22 years old now. There will be issues and there will be miles. Also, for whatever reason, everyone who has a Wrangler of any year of even the worst conditions seems to believe it is made of gold, platinum, titanium and unobtanium and thus is worth a bazillion dollars. I searched for months and months to find one worthy enough of my money and it needed all new seats and the seatbelts were nonexistent. It was extremely dirty inside because he always had the windows open and the top was a bit torn. It ran great, has the ax15 and the diffs are in great shape with Spartans in them so I went for it. I'm gonna mod it out anyway so I really don't care. The wife is the one I had to get the blessing on and she liked it, so I jumped on it.