Suggestions for Modern Jeeper Adventures

JeepnDel

Administrator
Staff member
If you have any suggestions for Modern Jeeper Adventures (MJA), please post up and let us know. Give enough details so we know more about your idea -- places, types of trips, etc.
thanks, Del

Az Scooter

Jeep Newb
There are a lot of areas around the Phoenix area that would be awesome for a group. Table Mesa has a decent sized system of trails, just outside of Table Mesa there is the backroad to Crown King which can be as hard, or as easy as you want, meaning every major obstacle has a bypass and there are stellar views on the trail. There is Box Canyon outside of Wickenburg that is less than an hour away, and Box Canyon in Florence that is just beautiful, with lots of associated or nearby trails like Elvis, Jackhandle, Reymert mine, Montana mountain, hackberry Creek, etc. tons of stuff to do around Phoenix. I could easily wheel every day for at least a month and not do the same trail twice or travel more than 50miles.

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
Hot Springs Off Road Park. Formally superlift ORP. Until recently it was considered an east coast Mecca of sorts due to it ammentities and various trails for all levels. It’s almost impossible to get lost in the park because it is so well labeled. Several local clubs can help (including myself) in guiding any skill level for an event such as a (long) weekend event with dinner.

I must also not that there are rumors the park is up for sale and someone such as yourself, Mr Del, may be able to shed some light on the struggles even the private parks face.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
If you have any suggestions for Modern Jeeper Adventures (MJA), please post up and let us know. Give enough details so we know more about your idea -- places, types of trips, etc.
thanks, Del
Windrock! 70k+ acres of land. You could literally drive for weeks and never see it all. It has all skill levels. Including ones that even buggies have issues with. Plenty of deer, hogs, elk, bass, caves, mud, sand and other things to see and play in. Best of all there is lodging and campsites on Windrock property.

Plus it’s like 5 mins from the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepnDel

Administrator
Staff member
I have helped several private parks over the years. It's a tough one; but not impossible. Community support is the biggie. Getting our folks behind a park in order to save it. That is the first step. What is around there for lodging and camping?

JeepnDel

Administrator
Staff member
How much are the fees if you have like a big group? What would be the attraction for a group to "buy into" a MJ Adventure at a nice facility like Windrock? I guess I am asking how it would be marketed?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
What time of year is best for group wheeling around there?
Honestly anytime. The climate is pretty mild year round. Never super cold or extremely hot except for a few select days. I honestly think fall is the most beautiful time of the year up there.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
How much are the fees if you have like a big group? What would be the attraction for a group to "buy into" a MJ Adventure at a nice facility like Windrock? I guess I am asking how it would be marketed?
I would have to visit with management if this is something we want to pursue. Day pass’ are around $20 per person per day. Maybe something we discuss further over the phone or email.

Todd Ockert

Wish we had something here in Texas that we could organize.

There are plenty of private parks with lodging close by.
And maybe some wine tasting thrown in for good measure or a bar or two to wash down the Texas dust!

Todd

mgsk816

Jeep Newb
I ran the Rubicon with the Modern Jeeper's Adventures. I had an amazing time and would love to do more trips with them. I would love to see a trip to Ouray Colorado. There are several trails there that are on my bucket list. The top one is Black Bear pass. I would love to do that one with yall.

SilverLJ

Jeep Newb
Windrock! 70k+ acres of land. You could literally drive for weeks and never see it all. It has all skill levels. Including ones that even buggies have issues with. Plenty of deer, hogs, elk, bass, caves, mud, sand and other things to see and play in. Best of all there is lodging and campsites on Windrock property.

Gotta add that to the list. Those Westcoasters always seem to be having all the fun!

TriciaJeepgal

Jeep Newb

I haven’t done Windrock yet. I hear it’s awesome!

Todd Ockert

Getting ready to go to one of the private ranch's around here early next month.
It is nothing like Wolf Caves or those places, but it will be nice to put some dirt under the tires.

Todd

Jegar

Jeep Owner
All sound great!

Texas needs some love :)

#1)”Hard Core Adventure: Show off your MC flex and test (and I mean ‘test’) your armor!” — Wolf Caves in Mason, TX. Owners are wonderfully friendly and accommodating, and the park is amazing and beautiful, with its explosion of red granite. There is plenty for all levels, but the proportion of hard-moderate, hard, and extreme is higher compared to medium and medium-easy. Camping is available on the property. Dogs are allowed. Texas wine country is about 40-50 miles east. The San Antonio jeep club (San Antonio Jeep Exclusive) guides for the Jeep Jamboree USA (Texas Spur at Inks Ranch in Llano) and many of thise members/guides wheel regularly at Wolf Caves — they mey be a good resource for MJA event. While I’m a vegetarian and it pains me, there is legendary mesquite Texas BBQ in Mason and Llano.

#2)Magical Big Bend National and State Parks. Big Bend doesn’t have the majestic beauty of the Sierras, Moab, or Eastern mountains, but there is just something magical about it, and worth visiting. There are no difficult or technically challenging trails. Black Gap Road in the national park is a Jeep Badge of Honor trail. The state park is prettier than the national. Star gazing is amazing with complete dark skies. Great camping and many, many remote areas available for exploration.

katswuy

Jeep Newb
Silverton Colorado has many trails. Black Bear, Poughkeepsie, Corkscrew, Picayune Gulch, Minnie Gulch, Maggie Gulch, Browns Gulch, Red Mountain, Grey Copper Mountain, Kendall Peak, Stony Pass, Mineral Point, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass to name a few. Silverton has many of these trailheads within minutes of the town. We have been going there for many years and never tire of the beauty of the area. We will be there pretty much all of August 2019 and would be happy to share adventures with fellow Jeepers.

Todd Ockert

All sound great!

Texas needs some love :)

#1)”Hard Core Adventure: Show off your MC flex and test (and I mean ‘test’) your armor!” — Wolf Caves in Mason, TX. Owners are wonderfully friendly and accommodating, and the park is amazing and beautiful, with its explosion of red granite. There is plenty for all levels, but the proportion of hard-moderate, hard, and extreme is higher compared to medium and medium-easy. Camping is available on the property. Dogs are allowed. Texas wine country is about 40-50 miles east. The San Antonio jeep club (San Antonio Jeep Exclusive) guides for the Jeep Jamboree USA (Texas Spur at Inks Ranch in Llano) and many of thise members/guides wheel regularly at Wolf Caves — they mey be a good resource for MJA event. While I’m a vegetarian and it pains me, there is legendary mesquite Texas BBQ in Mason and Llano.

#2)Magical Big Bend National and State Parks. Big Bend doesn’t have the majestic beauty of the Sierras, Moab, or Eastern mountains, but there is just something magical about it, and worth visiting. There are no difficult or technically challenging trails. Black Gap Road in the national park is a Jeep Badge of Honor trail. The state park is prettier than the national. Star gazing is amazing with complete dark skies. Great camping and many, many remote areas available for exploration.
There are a few other parks around the state also.
Could be an awesome way to run a trip of wheeling at one park, travel day and then wheel in another park.

K2 is not that far from Wolf Caves either.
Two for one there, and then some wine tasting in Fredericksburg!

Just a thought.

Todd