modernjeeper
spOD
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had EVO Manufacturing weld on the C gussets when I had them do the gears last year, they also put on the lower control arm skids.
    It does great up through the 7 rated trails. We did Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley earlier this year, it's an 8-9 and it needed the winch about 3 times. We're doing the Dusy-Ershim in September, it's 7-10 and I wanted more belly clearance to reduce the winch time.
    2016 JKUR Soft top, 3-1/2" Gamechanger w/rocksports, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's, 5.13 gears, Procomp Vapor Pro 2 Beadlocks, JCR Crusader front bumper, rear bumper w/carrier, rock sliders, and fenders flares w/front liners, Poison Spider front sport cage, 10k synthetic winch, Rockhard oil pan and trans skid, EVO sway bar disconnect motor delete, C-gussets and lower arm braces, Spiderweb shade.

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gary I'm with you on needing more clearance than 35s on a 3.5. Personally I'm going 37s first, then I'll decide on whether lift height needs to increase. I've got some aftermarket axles, but even so I have always avoided the 40s thought process because I don't want to start wanting an ls swap. So yeah unlike most I could maybe see the need for 5.5" of lift. I actually think the smaller the tire the bigger lift you need.

That all being said, I would say do 37s and 6paks first, see where that gets you. While doing so you can work on getting all the travel you can out of your setup, down to 1 or 2" bumpstop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
    I will respectfully disagree on the going through ball joints on 37’s. My experience may be unusual, but I have had 35’s on since day one of my Jeep, and did for 30,000 miles. I switched to 37’s and have had them for about 8000 miles, and had no problems with ball joints. I usually run trails that are rated 6 or 7 in Moab or Sand Hollow and go to each location at least twice a year. I also tend to run more difficult trails in Arizona on a semi weekly basis. I have had more trouble breaking shock mounts than with Ball Joints,
    Pretty impressive. I just hope to get 20k on my synergies.

I was running MTr-K 37’s that would not balance and a badly bent tie rod. So the added stresses could have led to the early demise of my factory joints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    I had EVO Manufacturing weld on the C gussets when I had them do the gears last year, they also put on the lower control arm skids.
    It does great up through the 7 rated trails. We did Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley earlier this year, it's an 8-9 and it needed the winch about 3 times. We're doing the Dusy-Ershim in September, it's 7-10 and I wanted more belly clearance to reduce the winch time.
    Well. Go have the Genright Elite suspension put on. It will give you a tummy tuck. Heck....it’s only money ....and lots of it. It you will get that belly clearance and keep it low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, I think that kit may cost me half of what I own if you know what I mean! That's way more then I'm willing to spend!
    I'm happy with one step at a time.
    2016 JKUR Soft top, 3-1/2" Gamechanger w/rocksports, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's, 5.13 gears, Procomp Vapor Pro 2 Beadlocks, JCR Crusader front bumper, rear bumper w/carrier, rock sliders, and fenders flares w/front liners, Poison Spider front sport cage, 10k synthetic winch, Rockhard oil pan and trans skid, EVO sway bar disconnect motor delete, C-gussets and lower arm braces, Spiderweb shade.

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO! I'm in the same boat.

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 4.5 with 40s running the overline fenders. I would not recommend 3.5” lift unless you want to restrict turning angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine660 View Post
    I have 4.5 with 40s running the overline fenders. I would not recommend 3.5” lift unless you want to restrict turning angle.

What axles do you have? And width?

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

JKUR MC long travel, lock n load or 4-link

Quote Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
    What axles do you have? And width?
    D44s so stock width (for sale BTW) and spyderlock wheels with 3.5” backspacing

Last edited by Marine660; 06-11-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which 4-1/2" kit are you running? The gamechanger mid-arm or the long arm?