2015 Rear Speed Sensor

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So I have had my seals redone, speed sensor and replaced the plug and my ABS Light is still on. Any ideas on what else could be the problem? Thinking I may need to do a reset by pulling the battery cables. Clearing the codes with the scanner is completely use less. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Hard reset did not work nor did the new pig tail. Gonna be a long drive with no cruise control.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I was going to tell you that if a scanner cannot clear it, you have something wrong as the code must return quickly.

What is the code?

Enjoy your trip, its a Jeep, it should not have cruise, AC, or even a radio. :)

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I will pull the code again when I get to Oklahoma City. But it’s the left rear speed sensor.

WillysJKJeeper

Jeep Owner
I will pull the code again when I get to Oklahoma City. But it’s the left rear speed sensor.

Have u checked the toothed ring that the sensor picks up it might be bent or have mud stuck on it or may be cracked.
Another thing u check jack the rear wheels up and spin that wheel see if it spins straight or if it has a slight wobble to it u might have bent axle and not know it.

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Have u checked the toothed ring that the sensor picks up it might be bent or have mud stuck on it or may be cracked.
Another thing u check jack the rear wheels up and spin that wheel see if it spins straight or if it has a slight wobble to it u might have bent axle and not know it.
Thanks Willy’s. I just got the rear end done before we headed out to Moab...literally the day before. Had new seals bearing put on that shaft. Cleaned the teeth off. Axle was straight. We were surprised it did not have a twist in it.

I’m going to go buy another speed sensor...maybe I just got a bad one.

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
Luckily the rear can be done on your back. Did you throw one in on the road?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Luckily the rear can be done on your back. Did you throw one in on the road?

Negative. I had given up on it at that point. I will start working on it again in a couple weeks. I have to get some knives finished up for Brian....sorry for taking so long buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Todd Ockert

Did you get this fixed?

Just watching this thread even though my Jeep does not have ABS.
I just put my feet out the doors to stop!

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Did you get this fixed?

Just watching this thread even though my Jeep does not have ABS.
I just put my feet out the doors to stop!

Todd
Like Fred Flinstone! Not it’s not fixed. With that said I haven’t even worked on it. It’s our busy season right now and I don’t even know where the days go. Heck. I still have red dirt embedded on my tires from Moab!