Poison Spyder or Steel Bender

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Ok which of the two is tougher/technically challenging? I need some help deciding which trail to run on Sunday. And yes I do want to run the tougher of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Steel bender is the tougher of the two. I have only run part of it but what I did was harder then poison spyder.
I’m assuming there is just more ledges. Kinda bummed about 7 mile rim. Thinking of running it on Friday instead of Kane Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
Just curious as to why 7mile was taken off yalls list for Sunday?

Also PS is a very Moabish trail where Steel Bender feels more like Windrocks main roads ;) two big obstacles and a few Alabama style ledges.

We did PS and Gold Bar as well as where the eagles dare (think hells gate style climb to a super high elevation point)

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Just curious as to why 7mile was taken off yalls list for Sunday?

Also PS is a very Moabish trail where Steel Bender feels more like Windrocks main roads ;) two big obstacles and a few Alabama style ledges.

We did PS and Gold Bar as well as where the eagles dare (think hells gate style climb to a super high elevation point)
Basically everyone wanted to run Hells Revenge and Poison Spider. Not many wanted 7 Mile and a few wanted Steel Bender. So they cut 7 Mile. Which is fine cause the guys that wanted to hit it still got to.

Steel Bender was different and extremely challenging at times. Running it backwards made things interesting.

Gold Bar and PS will be on my list next time. As well as Pritchett Canyon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk