modernjeeper
Kicker
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for input on aftermarket exhaust

Looking to add a cat back system to my 2012. I'd like to be able to hear it but not annoying, I've run Banks on other vehicles and been happy, any input would be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My advice, don't do it. They sound like a Honda Civic with a coffee can for a muffler.

IF, you really wanted to, look at Magnaflow. Made in the USA and you can get all stainless.

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have what appears to be like a dual exhaust. Itís ok but Iím getting rid of it as Iím going with a 6.2 instead.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Copasspupil View Post
    I have what appears to be like a dual exhaust. It’s ok but I’m getting rid of it as I’m going with a 6.2 instead.
    Awesome! is it an L92, LS3, L99, LS9, LSA, LT4, L85, or LT5?

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    L86 and 8 speed auto

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a magna flow on my last jeep and really, really loved it. It was whisper quiet, added a decent amount of power and mpg, and was tucked up enough out of the way that I didnít worry about it dragging on the rocks when I was off road. I am in a new JK Rubicon now, and will absolutely be looking to Add something similar once I get the other upgrades I want done

8. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mclerran11 View Post
    I had a magna flow on my last jeep and really, really loved it. It was whisper quiet, added a decent amount of power and mpg, and was tucked up enough out of the way that I didnít worry about it dragging on the rocks when I was off road. I am in a new JK Rubicon now, and will absolutely be looking to Add something similar once I get the other upgrades I want done
    Which Magnaflo did you have? My dynomax sounds great but hangs a little low and it has been taking a beating on the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dominion Off-Road cat back we put on my son-in-laws JK sounds better than the American Thunder one we put on my wife's JK. The American Thuinder is louder and a bit ricey under acceleration.

11. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post