JKUR BUILD trail doors, interior and coms

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
Weather is warming up so time to lose the doors. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Rig looks awesome. Question. How often have you had to get the 6-Packs recharged with all that weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
Apparently they say most people who own them do it themselves. I'm going to attempt to do it here in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Apparently they say most people who own them do it themselves. I'm going to attempt to do it here in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting. I would think if I owned them I would buy the tools to recharge. Every two months is a lot. Especially since Autoedit just posted a video saying he hasn’t done it in 18 months.

Have you ever had to send them in for a rebuild?

thedirtman

Jeep Owner
6 pack shocks are built for a very specific type of build. UP travel on minimum lift and generally requires high clearance fenders. If you are not doing this like the op they are really a waste of money and you can actually get more travel out of traditional shocks for much less money and miainence. If you are really running this shocks or coil overs/bypasses you should have a fill kit for tuning and recharging. Typically you can do a kit for around $300.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
6 pack shocks are built for a very specific type of build. UP travel on minimum lift and generally requires high clearance fenders. If you are not doing this like the op they are really a waste of money and you can actually get more travel out of traditional shocks for much less money and miainence. If you are really running this shocks or coil overs/bypasses you should have a fill kit for tuning and recharging. Typically you can do a kit for around $300.
I checked out a couple refill kits and I agree one should have one if you have these. Charging them isn’t that big of a deal, if they have to be rebuilt ever 12-24 months that could be concerning. I guess it really depends on how and how much you use your rig.