modernjeeper
MetalCloak 1
    Post Thanks / Like

JKUR BUILD trail doors, interior and coms

Weather is warming up so time to lose the doors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spartan1; 05-10-2018 at 11:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Post Thanks / Like
    Rig looks awesome. Question. How often have you had to get the 6-Packs recharged with all that weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like
    Every 2 months its recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Rig looks awesome. Question. How often have you had to get the 6-Packs recharged with all that weight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently they say most people who own them do it themselves. I'm going to attempt to do it here in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes.

6. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    Apparently they say most people who own them do it themselves. I'm going to attempt to do it here in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting. I would think if I owned them I would buy the tools to recharge. Every two months is a lot. Especially since Autoedit just posted a video saying he hasnít done it in 18 months.

Have you ever had to send them in for a rebuild?

2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 pack shocks are built for a very specific type of build. UP travel on minimum lift and generally requires high clearance fenders. If you are not doing this like the op they are really a waste of money and you can actually get more travel out of traditional shocks for much less money and miainence. If you are really running this shocks or coil overs/bypasses you should have a fill kit for tuning and recharging. Typically you can do a kit for around $300.

9. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
    6 pack shocks are built for a very specific type of build. UP travel on minimum lift and generally requires high clearance fenders. If you are not doing this like the op they are really a waste of money and you can actually get more travel out of traditional shocks for much less money and miainence. If you are really running this shocks or coil overs/bypasses you should have a fill kit for tuning and recharging. Typically you can do a kit for around $300.
    I checked out a couple refill kits and I agree one should have one if you have these. Charging them isnít that big of a deal, if they have to be rebuilt ever 12-24 months that could be concerning. I guess it really depends on how and how much you use your rig.