Artec Industries JL Bellypan in Steel or Aluminum

Artec

Supporting Vendor

PREORDER - SHIPMENTS BEGIN MAY 18th
Aluminum Part Number:JL4101 $2199.99
Steel Part Number JL4102 $1299.99

ALUMINUM SKID PLATES FOR HEAVY DUTY YET LIGHTWEIGHT PROTECTION.
At a total of 86 lbs, the total net weight is only 10 lbs more than factory skids but much heavier duty and more complete coverage.

Artec Industries' NEW JL Bellypan is designed to give your 2018+ Jeep JLU Wrangler full protection underneath the vehicle. Designed using CAD files directly from the manufacturer, this belly pan skid plate ensures that you have a great fit with factory components. Made from 1/4" thick 6061 Aluminum and 3/16" zinc plated Steel, and CNC cut and formed, the Artec JL Bellypan Kit offers both a strong and lightweight solution for your new Jeep JL.

Adds only 10 lbs to net weight of vehicle yet covers far more and is heavier duty than factory skids
86 lbs total weight compared to the Steel version at 153 lbs...a 44% weight savings
Increases ground clearance of 3/4" from factory skids and even more compared to other aftermarket skid plates
1/4" 6061 Aluminum for skid plates, 3/16" zinc plated steel brackets
Designed from factory CAD files for great and ultra precise fit.
CNC laser cut and CNC formed using custom rolled dies for high strength, unique look, and perfect contour fitment to OEM components.
All bolts under skid plate are countersunk for absolutely smooth bottom
All nuts are pressed into steel brackets for easy, one tool removal
Bolts directly to OEM T-case crossmember and frame using heavy duty flat head bolts that match OEM thread
No need for an aftermarket T-case crossmember for completely flat surface
Modular design lets you take off only one section for vehicle servicing
Protects Oil Pan, Transmission Pan, Gas Tank, Front Exhaust and Transfer Case
OEM gas tank skid is replaced for reduced weight and 3/4" higher clearance*
Artec Gas tank skid can be removed without dropping entire tank thanks to new additional cross-member and tank strap.
Clearance near rear drive yoke shaft to prevent rubbing
*OEM gas tank skid removal required. For easiest install, remove skid when tank is near empty. See instructions for simple ideas on removing OEM gas tank skid.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
How well does an aluminum skid actually hold up!? It can’t be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ratchettt

Jeep Owner
How well does an aluminum skid actually hold up!? It can’t be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you are treadlightly type driver, go alumnium. If heavy on throttle, well armored other spots down low, and with very good rock rims/rings to support this. then steel. MHO

Pthorpe84

Staff member
If you are treadlightly type driver, go alumnium. If heavy on throttle, well armored other spots down low, and with very good rock rims/rings to support this. then steel. MHO
I get it on the treadlightly. But event then every one will bottom out from time to time. I just question weather it would get punctured or not. Maybe a sacrificial poly layer would be good for these types of skids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artec

Supporting Vendor
The skid plate is for the 4dr , As far has how the alumimum holds up We have been beating on our JK's aluminum pan for Years and recently replaced the skins just cause they didnt look nice with all the scratches .

Pthorpe84

Staff member
The skid plate is for the 4dr , As far has how the alumimum holds up We have been beating on our JK's aluminum pan for Years and recently replaced the skins just cause they didnt look nice with all the scratches .
Thanks for getting back with me on it. I have always wondered how well they would hold up. I know my evo skids are all kinds of mangled up and just assumed the aluminum ones would be less durable. Any images of the old skids before you all removed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk