modernjeeper
Yukon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel spacers...

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but my search didn't give me any information.

I want to keep my stock Rubi wheels, but after I do my lift and up size my tires, wheel spacers will be a must.

While looking online, I find reputable name dealers selling spacers from $60 - $100+ for a pair. Then, names I'm not as familiar with, going for $60 - $100 for a full set (4).

All claim to be made from the same grade aluminum, and hardened studs (grade 8 or 10.9). So I'm totally confused.

What's a good spacer for the money, not just a name??

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

2. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    I know this has probably been asked a million times, but my search didn't give me any information.

I want to keep my stock Rubi wheels, but after I do my lift and up size my tires, wheel spacers will be a must.

While looking online, I find reputable name dealers selling spacers from $60 - $100+ for a pair. Then, names I'm not as familiar with, going for $60 - $100 for a full set (4).

All claim to be made from the same grade aluminum, and hardened studs (grade 8 or 10.9). So I'm totally confused.

What's a good spacer for the money, not just a name??

Thanks for any help!

Honestly I donít see why the eBay/Amazon versions wouldnít work. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the Chinese brands may not have the quality they state in their description. Stay with American made and donít have any doubts. Only way to go in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

4. Likes Snowblind liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Honestly I donít see why the eBay/Amazon versions wouldnít work. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the Chinese brands may not have the quality they state in their description. Stay with American made and donít have any doubts. Only way to go in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not going with eBay/no name spacers. I pulled the trigger on a set of rough country. I talked to a Jeep guy locally, and he said they're the most beefy spacers he's seen. He said most failures happen around the outside, and can crack if the aluminum is thin. Well, these are very thick, and use good grade 8 hardware to boot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going with eBay/no name spacers. I pulled the trigger on a set of rough country. I talked to a Jeep guy locally, and he said they're the most beefy spacers he's seen. He said most failures happen around the outside, and can crack if the aluminum is thin. Well, these are very thick, and use good grade 8 hardware to boot.

I would just keep an eye on them. You will prolly never have an issue, but I would definitely do routine inspections.....especially after a wheeling trip. Post up a pic of the rig. Maybe a before and after. Would love to see the new stance.

2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like
    Get Spidertrax. Known quality. Made in Colorado, USA. Competitive pricing.
    Jason Kaminsky

8. Likes Xkid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FC4X4 View Post
    Get Spidertrax. Known quality. Made in Colorado, USA. Competitive pricing.
    Truth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed spider makes the best. Their design is far superior to others by material, design, and finish. Do you know the backspacing of the rubiís? I just did this for my aftermarket rims that were in my Jeep when I bought them. Metalcloak was very good about making sure it would work and informed me that I need 1.5Ē spacers for mine. You need to buy 2 sets so for every wheel. They are more expensive but worth it

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    They MUST be WHEEL centric and HUB centric. Spidertrax are both. If they are hub/wheel centric, then Discount Tire/Americas Tire will work on your rig, if they are not....no go.

12. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do, make sure you get the right length studs!
    When we put ours on, the studs were 1/16" too long and were butting up against the rims.. after about 50 miles, the studs had rubbed their way into the rims, making the rims loose, and we had a wheel fly off going around a corner!
    Only took a few minutes to grind down all the studs, but I'm still traumatized.
    The NotARubicon sez: "It's not about what you drive, it's about how much fun you have driving it"

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the Spidertrax spacers since 2012 and not had a single problem. The studs have all stayed tight.

15. Likes jeepndel, Pthorpe84 liked this post