modernjeeper
Yukon
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Jeep Owner Snowblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wheel spacers...

    I know this has probably been asked a million times, but my search didn't give me any information.

    I want to keep my stock Rubi wheels, but after I do my lift and up size my tires, wheel spacers will be a must.

    While looking online, I find reputable name dealers selling spacers from $60 - $100+ for a pair. Then, names I'm not as familiar with, going for $60 - $100 for a full set (4).

    All claim to be made from the same grade aluminum, and hardened studs (grade 8 or 10.9). So I'm totally confused.

    What's a good spacer for the money, not just a name??

    Thanks for any help!

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  2. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    Metalcloak Adventures
     

  4. #2
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    I know this has probably been asked a million times, but my search didn't give me any information.

    I want to keep my stock Rubi wheels, but after I do my lift and up size my tires, wheel spacers will be a must.

    While looking online, I find reputable name dealers selling spacers from $60 - $100+ for a pair. Then, names I'm not as familiar with, going for $60 - $100 for a full set (4).

    All claim to be made from the same grade aluminum, and hardened studs (grade 8 or 10.9). So I'm totally confused.

    What's a good spacer for the money, not just a name??

    Thanks for any help!

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    Honestly I donít see why the eBay/Amazon versions wouldnít work. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the Chinese brands may not have the quality they state in their description. Stay with American made and donít have any doubts. Only way to go in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  5. Likes Snowblind liked this post
  6. #3
    Jeep Owner Snowblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Honestly I donít see why the eBay/Amazon versions wouldnít work. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the Chinese brands may not have the quality they state in their description. Stay with American made and donít have any doubts. Only way to go in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm not going with eBay/no name spacers. I pulled the trigger on a set of rough country. I talked to a Jeep guy locally, and he said they're the most beefy spacers he's seen. He said most failures happen around the outside, and can crack if the aluminum is thin. Well, these are very thick, and use good grade 8 hardware to boot.

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

  7. #4
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going with eBay/no name spacers. I pulled the trigger on a set of rough country. I talked to a Jeep guy locally, and he said they're the most beefy spacers he's seen. He said most failures happen around the outside, and can crack if the aluminum is thin. Well, these are very thick, and use good grade 8 hardware to boot.

    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    I would just keep an eye on them. You will prolly never have an issue, but I would definitely do routine inspections.....especially after a wheeling trip. Post up a pic of the rig. Maybe a before and after. Would love to see the new stance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  8. #5
    Jeep Owner FC4X4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get Spidertrax. Known quality. Made in Colorado, USA. Competitive pricing.
    Jason Kaminsky

  9. Likes Xkid liked this post
  10. #6
    Moderator Pthorpe84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FC4X4 View Post
    Get Spidertrax. Known quality. Made in Colorado, USA. Competitive pricing.
    Truth


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

    https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

  11. #7
    Jeep Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed spider makes the best. Their design is far superior to others by material, design, and finish. Do you know the backspacing of the rubiís? I just did this for my aftermarket rims that were in my Jeep when I bought them. Metalcloak was very good about making sure it would work and informed me that I need 1.5Ē spacers for mine. You need to buy 2 sets so for every wheel. They are more expensive but worth it

  12. #8
    Jeep Newb
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California desert
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    They MUST be WHEEL centric and HUB centric. Spidertrax are both. If they are hub/wheel centric, then Discount Tire/Americas Tire will work on your rig, if they are not....no go.

  13. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •