Bobby’s 2010 Jeep JKU

Cru9

Jeep Owner
I am new to the forum and live in North Georgia. I am on my 4th I would say rebuild of the Jeep. In the picture below it has
3.5” rock Krawler lift
37x12.50/17 GoodYear MTR tires
Method racing wheels 17”
Poison Spyder BFH trail stinger
Warn winch
RockHard 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier
VKS sliders weld on

The new build is focusing on axles, Wheels, Tires and Rear bumper. I will post more info once it’s finished but this will get me started on the forum

I also and one of the guys the runs Annual Wheeling Event called Crawling for Reid. Reid is my nephew and I felt like I had to do something to help this little boy and others that are born with the same disease. Reid and CFR has become my life and passion over the last 4 years.

IMG_0739.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I am new to the forum and live in North Georgia. I am on my 4th I would say rebuild of the Jeep. In the picture below it has
3.5” rock Krawler lift
37x12.50/17 GoodYear MTR tires
Method racing wheels 17”
Poison Spyder BFH trail stinger
Warn winch
RockHard 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier
VKS sliders weld on

The new build is focusing on axles, Wheels, Tires and Rear bumper. I will post more info once it’s finished but this will get me started on the forum

I also and one of the guys the runs Annual Wheeling Event called Crawling for Reid. Reid is my nephew and I felt like I had to do something to help this little boy and others that are born with the same disease. Reid and CFR has become my life and passion over the last 4 years.

View attachment 1161

Welcome Cru9. Did the bump stops come in?

Cru9

Jeep Owner
IMG_0846.JPGIMG_0850.JPGIMG_0851.JPGIMG_0845.JPGIMG_0842.JPG

We got a lot done Saturday. Installed the Ultimate Dana 60 axles with the electric Eaton E Locker with 5.38 gears. Also did Raceline Beadlocks 17” with 4” backspace and 8x6.5” bolt pattern. Cooper STT Pro 40x13.50/17 tires with custom made 5/8” beadlocks rings. I will be running PSC steering

Pthorpe84

Staff member
A buddy in Ellijay. He owns a machine shop.

Got me thinking now. If you don’t mind, shoot me a pm or email on how much he charges. Or if he would even be willing to make another set.

Cru9

Jeep Owner
My shake down run was our trip to Colorado. I was lucky and pleased with the way everything worked in our trip.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
My shake down run was our trip to Colorado. I was lucky and pleased with the way everything worked in our trip.

Anything you want to change up after the break in?

Cru9

Jeep Owner
I have to change the power steering pump. Still running the factory and need to change to a high flow pump. Other than that just need to start planning the next step.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have to change the power steering pump. Still running the factory and need to change to a high flow pump. Other than that just need to start planning the next step.

Good to hear. I plan on doing a red neck ram on mine. The pump concerns me a bit. But I don’t do any fast stuff in the Jeep, so I’m not sure how it would actually affect me on the trail.

Cru9

Jeep Owner
Good to hear. I plan on doing a red neck ram on mine. The pump concerns me a bit. But I don’t do any fast stuff in the Jeep, so I’m not sure how it would actually affect me on the trail.

I am running the West Texas gear box, hoses supplied by them, PSC ram and like I said above the factory pump. Will be going with a PSC hi flow pump. Steers great if your foot is on the gas pedal. For example coasting into a parking place the steering will get extremely slow and hard to turn.

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
I am running the West Texas gear box, hoses supplied by them, PSC ram and like I said above the factory pump. Will be going with a PSC hi flow pump. Steers great if your foot is on the gas pedal. For example coasting into a parking place the steering will get extremely slow and hard to turn.

Is it simply a stock JK box that’s been tapped or have the spool valves been modified?