Driving difference between stock and metalcloak 2 1-2” mid lift

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
How much of a difference between stock and their 2 1/2” lift will I see? Driving wise. I’m picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday. Curious

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Not much. Handles on the road pretty much the same. Off road it is a beast.

Recently drove 1K miles in a stock Rubicon and got into mine and didn’t really feel any different.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I noticed a huge difference with mine. The ride was much firmer and seemed to soak up the bumps in the road better. With all that said, I was running 37’s and had some steering issues.

Did you get the Game Changer? Which shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
Game charger rocksport. As much I would have like more lift, my wife has a bad hip and the 2 1/2” is easier to step up into vs the others is why I went that direction.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Game charger rocksport. As much I would have like more lift, my wife has a bad hip and the 2 1/2” is easier to step up into vs the others is why I went that direction.
Honestly is 2.5” is more than enough. Even if you went to 37’s you could still wheel the crap out of it and have clearance. Kudos to you for keeping it low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
Well I picked the rig up last night and there was a big difference in the way it drove and went over bumps. Nice would be a great word to describe it. Smooth is another.

JeepOnRock

Jeep Newb
MC GC 2.5" with Rocksports and 34" Nittos. I had the same tires on before and after the lift. Ride is comparable, with a little better compliance over really rough surfaces (like railroad tracks). I don't try to corner like a Vette... so I don't know, but doesn't feel like it wants to kill me.

Pretty happy with it.

Jonbob11

Jeep Newb
I want to go 2.5 GC. But I think my wife wants a Jeep now, so now we’ll have to go back and forth on upgrades lol