First Annual ModernJeeper Adventure - Moab

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Recheck every bit bolt and yoke before you leave! Had a flange nut vibrate a Rubi Tcase in half in our group in 2016 :(
Mine is at the shop now getting gears and ball joints. I have a feeling that I am going to have to fork out more money for rear seals. Apparently that does not come with a re-gear.

This weekend will be torque wrench weekend for me. Also need to double check all my control arms and make sure jam nuts are tight.

I just keep waiting for something to go so wrong I won’t be able to go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryG

Jeep Owner
Keep those thoughts positive Pthorpe84! ��
If we get there early enough Thursday I may want to join you guys Friday morning on Kane Creek, if the offer is still open. That looks like fun!
I'll try to PM you my contact info.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Keep those thoughts positive Pthorpe84!
If we get there early enough Thursday I may want to join you guys Friday morning on Kane Creek, if the offer is still open. That looks like fun!
I'll try to PM you my contact info.
Sounds great my friend. Where are y’all staying?

GaryG

Jeep Owner
We'll be at the La Quinta Inn, S Main. My pre-trip to-do list is down to changing fluids, relocating a few switches and welding two more d-rings to the trailer. Oh, and the radio just quit working in the tow vehicle :cry: Getting excited to see Moab!

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
The seals unfortunately break themselves when you pull the rear axle flanges off.

I had some more back out of my group last minute. We should be pouring the miles on Thursday and Friday if you want to join Gary.

Lonestar

Jeep Newb
New member here & first trip to Moab. What type tire do you veterans recommend? I'm bringing a 08 JKUR, 3 1/2" lift on 35's. My choices are 35 MT's on beadlocks, BFG KO2's, or an AT that works really well here in Central Texas on our granite. Would appreciate any input you guys have & see you soon!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
New member here & first trip to Moab. What type tire do you veterans recommend? I'm bringing a 08 JKUR, 3 1/2" lift on 35's. My choices are 35 MT's on beadlocks, BFG KO2's, or an AT that works really well here in Central Texas on our granite. Would appreciate any input you guys have & see you soon!
I haven’t been before myself, but any of those tires will work just fine. The rocks there have a ton of grip. You can find videos of cars running some of the trails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

87FoRunner

Jeep Owner
We arrived around 8 PM tonight and set up camp and Shop. I’ll let y’all know trail conditions as I run them lol

Todd Ockert

You all have fun.
I really wanted to make this event.
This stupid new house has put a wrinkle in the plans.
Not everything is put away, and this long weekend will give us the time to get it done.

Enjoy.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
You all have fun.
I really wanted to make this event.
This stupid new house has put a wrinkle in the plans.
Not everything is put away, and this long weekend will give us the time to get it done.

Enjoy.

Todd
But there are so many weekends after this weekend...[emoji16]

Pthorpe84

Staff member
OMG, you have 5.13's with 35's and you're not spinning 3,500 RPMs..... How can that be...LMAO...
I have 5:13’s with 37’s and rolling about 2700 at 70. Was great until I hit Texas. Went from 15.5 mpg to around 14. Assuming altitude.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Either way, it's not crazy RPM and with that tire size you are getting great fuel mileage. I had 35's with 4:10 and it was slow and averages 12mpg. High at speed sucked because it constantly would downshift and run 4,000 RPMs...
I have 5:13’s with 37’s and rolling about 2700 at 70. Was great until I hit Texas. Went from 15.5 mpg to around 14. Assuming altitude.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk