Coating MC Aluminum Fenders

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
What have y’all used? Was leaning toward Monstaliner but also considering Line-x (but super pricey at $100 per flare) powder coat or just plain old paint.

WillysJKJeeper

Jeep Owner
I have the steel hardline fenders and coated mine with the monstaliner. I choose the monstaliner over the line-x and rhino because it can hold up better to the sun Uv. I ve had on my fenders for 6 months now holding up great havent had any problems with it. If u have any questions they answer all ur questions if u call them great company.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Raptorliner is a great option as well and is very cost effective. If all else fails...blast. Epoxy, and urethane them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
RE: Raptor line. So I had raptor lined my hardtop and Poison Spyder Rear tire carrier 3 years ago and it is still holding up great. Very durable and definitely looks better bedliner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Copasspupil

Jeep Owner
I just talked to their rep actually. Buy their epoxy primer then top coat with the raptor liner clean the surface off with 150 grit sandpaper so to create a bite for the primer to stick then wipe down with a wax and grease remover. Prime away

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Got them powder coated in a very light texture black. They look awesome.

Was going to install the front today but was. Missing the hardware bag. Even though I got them new in the box, but second hand, Metalcloak is sending me the hardware free of charge. [emoji106][emoji106]

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Got them powder coated in a very light texture black. They look awesome.

Was going to install the front today but was. Missing the hardware bag. Even though I got them new in the box, but second hand, Metalcloak is sending me the hardware free of charge. [emoji106][emoji106]
Awesome. Post up some pics when you get time. I need to get my rockers redone and I’m hoping to find a match to the metalcloak powder. Since puffing on new fenders, the rockers look like absolute hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Awesome. Post up some pics when you get time. I need to get my rockers redone and I’m hoping to find a match to the metalcloak powder. Since puffing on new fenders, the rockers look like absolute hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
RCW is a Huntsville area Jeep Group. Monthly trail rides and monthly Meet-n-greets. Look for it on FB.

Last edited:

MischiefMaker

Jeep Owner
Apparently trees really like my jeep. I know liners and owner coat are tough, but I'm a huge fan of paint because it is easy enough (IMO) to just pull the parts off, prep them for a coat of paint and lay down some clear coat. AND since the parts are aluminum, its not like every scratch has to be addressed immediately.

I'm always kinda shocked that more people don't just opt for paint...

View attachment IMG_5178.jpg
IMG_5181.jpg