modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

New Parts List And What To Do First

I currently run the 3.5" true dual lift and I'm looking to upgrade to the full game changer. I want to replace the stock drag link and tie rod as well. What should I do first? I'd like to go ahead and get the tie rod and drag link as I have a steering wobble at 50mph that no one can figure out. Ball joints are fine, tires aren't out of round, wheels aren't out of balance...etc...should I get the front upper CA's when I do this? Is it ok to do the front and then in a couple months that complete the back end? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by punisher_780; 03-09-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Title is misleading

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are having an issue, do one thing at a time. You can do the front of the game changer, then the back, then work on steering, while driving it in between to see if and what fixed the issue.

You most likely have an alignment issue so I would go to a new alignment shop just to see what they say when you put on the new lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher_780 View Post
    I currently run the 3.5" true dual lift and I'm looking to upgrade to the full game changer. I want to replace the stock drag link and tie rod as well. What should I do first? I'd like to go ahead and get the tie rod and drag link as I have a steering wobble at 50mph that no one can figure out. Ball joints are fine, tires aren't out of round, wheels aren't out of balance...etc...should I get the front upper CA's when I do this? Is it ok to do the front and then in a couple months that complete the back end? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Based off of what you said your vehicle is doing I would get a new tie rod and then have the toe corrected. This was my problem....or one of them...and it seemed to fix it. My ball joints are near the end of life....my steering wheel will move ever so slightly left and right at speed. That is the beginning of the end. Here is a pic of what my old tie rod looked like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just waiting for a free shipping sale! I've got the tie rod (and a few other pieces) in my cart and hopefully it will right the problem. My ball joints aren't the issue, nor are the tires being out of balance. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher_780 View Post
    I'm just waiting for a free shipping sale! I've got the tie rod (and a few other pieces) in my cart and hopefully it will right the problem. My ball joints aren't the issue, nor are the tires being out of balance. Fingers crossed!
    Fingers are crossed for ya. Should get a flash sale on the next holiday. Maybe you can score a lucky shamrock sale for St. Patrick’s Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/