modernjeeper
spOD

Thread: Pinion angle

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Pinion angle

Hi guys So recently ive replaced all my suspension with a metalcloak 3.5 inch lift, Ford 8.8 rear end, Teraflex extreme short sye, and adams offroad driveshaft. I am getting a mild to medium vibration between 30-40 MPH and am just wondering if that is still from my pinion angle. I set the lower control arms longer to correct the angle a bit but am wondering if i shorten the uppers will it fix the vibrations.IMG_1174.jpgIMG_1173.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was my original angle before messing with my lower control arms IMG_1176.jpgIMG_1175.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you notice it more when you speed up or slow down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to shorten your top links. The best way to get this angle correct is to use a cheap angle gauge. They are less than 10 bucks and even a few bucks at harbor freight.

Remember, when you put items in your jeep, the back suspension drops, so always account slightly for that.

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_1179[1].jpg isIMG_1179[1].jpg this the correct way

Jeep Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pthorpe84 View Post
    Do you notice it more when you speed up or slow down?

Speed up

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES! That dial gauge. BUT, you need to put it on a piece of the axle housing that is horizontal to the pinion shaft. Then attach it to the driveshaft. We like to set ours a few degrees low on the pinion angle to account for acceleration and people in the vehicle. Yours is currently set pinion high, so when you speed up or when you have people in the Jeep the pinion angle gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyjedre16 View Post
    Speed up
    makes total sense since you are currently set up as pinion high. Bring the pinion shaft down.

9. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gospel

2015 JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" Game Changer-Rock Sport, 37" Toyo M/T, Overline Fenders, M/C Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, M/C Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/