Thread: Gearing

Post Thanks / Like

07 jkur mc 3.5 gc automatic superchips td2 with 35in stt pros going to 37's within a year. I live in Michigan. It's an hour or more drive to the places that I wheel. Silver lake sand dunes, rocks and valleys, drummond island, badlands, and lots of trails. 5.13 or 5.38?
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Knoxville, TN
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would lean towards the 5:13ís. The pinion is very small on the 5:38ís for a D44.

The gearing could also change depending on motor and transmission. If itís a daily driver you may want to go 4:88ís. Will still be enough for 37ís and especially 35ís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

4. Thanks jknic thanked for this post
    Likes jknic liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on what you are driving.
    On my 14 Rubi X I had 4:10s stock and I ran 37"s and Rock Crawled here in Arizona.
    I was fine with that set up but to do it correctly you are going to spend $10 grand.

If you have a Sport or a D30 in front anything that starts with a 5 is too big to work well.
    Buck up and buy a D44 or an after market axle.
    I would just go ahead and swap both axles out and be done with it.
    I think the Dana 60's from Mopar for $10 grand is a good way to go for you.
    That way you won't be doing it over and spending the money twice to get what you need.