modernjeeper
MetalCloak 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some mods getting done slowly. The storage is only temporary till a friend of mine that's a wood worker will help me build storage drawers on slides

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Metalcloak Adventures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Some mods getting done slowly. The storage is only temporary till a friend of mine that's a wood worker will help me build storage drawers on slides

How much do those tents run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked this one up used for $400
    It's a smittybilt and new they are about $900

5. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Jeep Fanatic
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do that on the street? You must have good neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have lots of overlanding tips on the overland bound site and forum.

https://www.overlandbound.com/

Todd
    President Sharetrails.org/BlueRibbon Coalition

Life member of
    Cal4Wheel
    BlueRibbon Coalition

Retired US Navy.

9. Thanks Pthorpe84 thanked for this post
    Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Jeep Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice progress! I've been toying with similar ideas in regards to the over landing fad but need to finish building the jeep first. However, I personally have been leaning toward a small off road trailer vs the roof top on the Jeep itself. Wondering if anyone has experiences to share on one vs the other?

My current thinking...I like the idea of decoupling the Jeep from the camp rig: want to keep the cg lower, won't have to break camp to make a run with the jeep, and it's more transferable to a future vehicle. Price doesn't seem to be significantly more if you want to K.I.S.S. I could frame my own trailer box or buy a simple used one. There are off the shelf simple bare bones ones from vendors like Smittybilt and more ready to go options but those are much more expensive like the MOAB Fort XL from BCT or the super expensive tricked out rigs from places like Patriot Campers.

11. Likes Pthorpe84 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N8GTOL View Post
    Nice progress! I've been toying with similar ideas in regards to the over landing fad but need to finish building the jeep first. However, I personally have been leaning toward a small off road trailer vs the roof top on the Jeep itself. Wondering if anyone has experiences to share on one vs the other?

My current thinking...I like the idea of decoupling the Jeep from the camp rig: want to keep the cg lower, won't have to break camp to make a run with the jeep, and it's more transferable to a future vehicle. Price doesn't seem to be significantly more if you want to K.I.S.S. I could frame my own trailer box or buy a simple used one. There are off the shelf simple bare bones ones from vendors like Smittybilt and more ready to go options but those are much more expensive like the MOAB Fort XL from BCT or the super expensive tricked out rigs from places like Patriot Campers.
    I agree with how simple it would be with a trailer. Would be nice to have a base camp to head out on day trips from. For me, that's another registration tag to pay.
    With this build, I don't have the hardcore rock crawler in mind. I'm building this to get out and explore mild trails in the middle of nowhere.
    With building a rock crawler, the challenge of building it was to keep it reliable to beat on in the rocks. The challenge with a overlanding rig is to be self reliant and figure out storage for a week long trip where amenities are maybe a 100 miles away.
    I also have to keep it road worthy for when my daughter will eventually be driving it to school

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up another piece for project shoestring. Hardtop I found on Craigslist for $250

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up another piece for project shoestring. Hardtop I found on Craigslist for $250

Hell of a deal. Wish I could find one for twice that price for my JKU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 JKU Hard Rock, No Lift, 37" Goodyear MTR-K, Metal Cloak Full Stinger Bumper, GenRight Fusion Rear Stubby Bumper, Poison Spyder Tire Carrier, Metal Cloak Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant HD, Viair Constant Duty with Tank, 17" ATX Slabs, Evo Skid Plates, Cheap Chinese Lights, Factor 55 Flat Link, ApolloIntec Switch Pod, 48" Hi-Lift, Dynomax Exhaust, Custom Pin Stripping by Mother Nature

https://www.instagram.com/4lotested/

Post Thanks / Like
    Little more progress. Finally have a spare tire! Metalcloak front and rear bumpers with tire swing and a warn 8k winch with synthetic line.

I have had metalcloak products in the past I can't can't say enough about their customer service. Maybe it is or isn't your first choice for Jeep upgrades. But there is never a problem. It did take a bit of time for my TJ stuff, but understandable that they are focusing on producing JL parts. Totally worth choosing metalcloak.