08 jkur is possessed! Need help!

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
So while passing through Yellowstone on my way out to Wyoming my dash started chiming. Then out of nowhere the BAS, traction light, and esp light would intermittently flash and the Jeep would jolt and felt as if it would self brake. The jeep proceeded to cut off and die while driving. I could restart it and it would drive fine for a little bit then do the same thing. Anyone hear of this happening or have any insight?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
New to me. Is there an Expert in the house!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've already replaced the tipm module, grounded everything out, and it is still doing it. Someone said it might be a steering sensor but who knows?

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
Is your steering wheel straight?

It is. I had it in 2 different shops when it broke down in Wyoming. One shop who said it was a faulty tipm and the other was at the dealership who said it "may" be the steering clockspring sensor

Pthorpe84

Staff member
That is terrible. Hopefully cloakedwilly can chime in. I had to pull over yesterday because the damn computer was flipping out that my steering wheel was off. And it was just due to the new lift. Adjust the drag link and it was ok to deal with. But to just lock up. Has to be the cpu. I would hit up another shop or dealer. I can’t imagine your level of frustration.

Xkid

Jeep Fanatic
Google 4x4 shops. That may be your best bet. Is your battery okay?

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
As Xkid said, if your battery is more than 2 years old, maybe less if you live in a colder climate, than you want to at least change it out with one from another vehicle and better still a new one, don't bother checkig the static voltage it'll be fine and alternator will be fine too, if its an OE battery, just change it out

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
Google 4x4 shops. That may be your best bet. Is your battery okay?

I'm running a optima red that is maybe a little over a year old. I'll get it checked out either way. Thanks for the info.

Spartan1

Jeep Owner
As Xkid said, if your battery is more than 2 years old, maybe less if you live in a colder climate, than you want to at least change it out with one from another vehicle and better still a new one, don't bother checkig the static voltage it'll be fine and alternator will be fine too, if its an OE battery, just change it out
I do live up here on the Nevada side of Tahoe and it is pretty cold. I'll look into the battery.