Modern Jeeper Must Have

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Like many of you out there, we work on our own rigs. And it never fails that we get a flat, blow a bead, acquire a new noise under the rig, or you break something and its wet outside. I for one can't tell you how many times I have had a muddy/wet back end because of this misfortune. Well I believe those days are over for all of us.

My dad introduced me to a product from Knight and Hale game calls called the Dry-Sock Changing Mat. This is for hunters that like to get a hunt in early, change their muddy boots, and hop in the truck and head to work. Once I saw how it worked and read the price tag, I told him I had to have one for the Jeep.

What is great about this mat is that it is a thick neoprene sheet so that the rocks don't dig into your backside or bottom. Another great feature is that rolls up into itself for easy storage or carrying. I know that it made my life much easier after doing some work this past weekend on Jackhammer. Tell me what you think or if you have any questions, post it up!

Knight & Hale KHT0018 Changing Mat

Attachments

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
For $21 bucks, that is worth it just in case you have to change a flat on the side of the road on a car.

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Like many of you out there, we work on our own rigs. And it never fails that we get a flat, blow a bead, acquire a new noise under the rig, or you break something and its wet outside. I for one can't tell you how many times I have had a muddy/wet back end because of this misfortune. Well I believe those days are over for all of us.

My dad introduced me to a product from Knight and Hale game calls called the Dry-Sock Changing Mat. This is for hunters that like to get a hunt in early, change their muddy boots, and hop in the truck and head to work. Once I saw how it worked and read the price tag, I told him I had to have one for the Jeep.

What is great about this mat is that it is a thick neoprene sheet so that the rocks don't dig into your backside or bottom. Another great feature is that rolls up into itself for easy storage or carrying. I know that it made my life much easier after doing some work this past weekend on Jackhammer. Tell me what you think or if you have any questions, post it up!

Knight & Hale KHT0018 Changing Mat
I carry a 1/2” thick yoga mat I got for $10 at TJ Max. Also make a good insulation layer in my ENO hammock.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Good idea on the yoga mat. The one thing I like about the K&H mat is that it has a carrying bag built into it. Keeps it super compact and easy to store. Just wish it was a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Ockert

I have a mat that I got from BFG that works really good.
But it does not roll up though.

I stack it upright behind my seat and pack stuff up to it for the trail. I can slide the seat up a little to get it out, and then put it back.
Great idea on the yoga mat though.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I had to use mine again yesterday. About half way home after the lift install. My steering wheel crookedness finally got to me. Plus the JK was freaking out the entire time! Saved me a wet backside yet again.

Todd Ockert

I had to use mine again yesterday. About half way home after the lift install. My steering wheel crookedness finally got to me. Plus the JK was freaking out the entire time! Saved me a wet backside yet again.

And we want no pictures of a wet backside posted here!

Todd