Show Your 6Paks!

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone likes to see cool pics... so lets see some pics of your 6Paks in action!

I'll Start...

MetalCloak-TJ-Category.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
blows me away how much travel is in these shocks...at what point in down travel are you folks seeing bind in the drive lines?

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
Not at 1040 CTI, thats the max i've run hard on trail. However I'd say driving style has an impact on what you'd want to run. I have an experimental set up that approaches 1100CTI, but this needs work on the front end to address the drag link bind, I already added 14.5 sway links and 26.5 brake lines. I also run the axles a little to driver side to improve clearance of DS to Gas tank skids

Last edited:

TerryC6

Jeep Newb
A little dark, I'll look later to see if I have anything better

[video=youtube;J8eCLH6NZ2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8eCLH6NZ2g[/video]

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Not at 1040 CTI, thats the max i've run hard on trail. However I'd say driving style has an impact on what you'd want to run. I have an experimental set up that approaches 1100CTI, but this needs work on the front end to address the drag link bind, I already added 14.5 sway links and 26.5 brake lines. I also run the axles a little to driver side to improve clearance of DS to Gas tank skids
Please do a write up on the 1100 score. I am not afraid to do a crap ton trimming. When I get my 6-packs and long arm in a few months I want to achieve that number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
Looks like there's some load on the top shock mount, I really am not a fan of the new stlye ends, you're putting a bend stress into the shafts

mrwildebeast

Jeep Owner
Please do a write up on the 1100 score. I am not afraid to do a crap ton trimming. When I get my 6-packs and long arm in a few months I want to achieve that number.

When I'm running it I'll post, its experimental currently, It's not trimming that's the issue. I'll be running an all Heim steer set up so as not to bind up the drag link, many other things to do too. some of which I haven't even discovered yet.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
When I'm running it I'll post, its experimental currently, It's not trimming that's the issue. I'll be running an all Heim steer set up so as not to bind up the drag link, many other things to do too. some of which I haven't even discovered yet.
Sounds great. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

thedirtman

Jeep Owner
blows me away how much travel is in these shocks...at what point in down travel are you folks seeing bind in the drive lines?
These shocks are built for up travel not extreme down travel and need room for the tire to move up. This helps keep the driveline angles to a minimum. Don't confuse total travel from droop which is a mistakes many make.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
These shocks are built for up travel not extreme down travel and need room for the tire to move up. This helps keep the driveline angles to a minimum. Don't confuse total travel from droop which is a mistakes many make.
I couldn’t agree more. That is what makes these so special. Especially if your not afraid to do some trimming. Most folks easily forget how important up travel is. Then again man think the bigger the lift you have, the more travel you have.

chitown35

Jeep Owner
They really should make some longer ones with 17" of travel for those who still want to run bigger tires and more bumpstop. It'd be interesting to see how much you could get without joints binding and other issues. Or if it'd even be worth it.

Last edited: