My “Filthy” Build

filthy_habit_jku

Jeep Owner
A little over a year ago, I drove my brand spanking new 2017 75th Anniversary JKU off the lot. Since then, I’ve discovered that I really enjoy rock crawling so we decided that 2018 would be the year of building up my Jeep to be a capable crawler while still being practical as my daily driver.

We started out almost immediately with a leveling kit and 33’s. We quickly realized that the leveling kit was not enough so that was soon followed by a Teraflex 2.5” lift.

Other minor modifications we made last year include aFe Power MACH Force cat-back exhaust, Motobilt diff covers, flat fenders and Artec Industries inner fenders.

Stay tuned for details of all the exciting things we’ve done since the first of the year and what’s to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filthy_habit_jku

Jeep Owner
About 2 weeks ago we installed a Currie Rock Jock 44 built by Carbon Off Road on the front. I cannot say enough good things about the guys at Carbon - a pleasure to deal with from the day we purchased the axle to follow up and assistance after we installed it.

After the axle install, she went in the shop to have the rear end regeared and ARB air lockers installed.

We also installed an ARB Twin Compressor to actuate the air lockers and provide easy airing up after a day on the trails [emoji4]

filthy_habit_jku

Jeep Owner
So, I agonized over wheels and tires forever . . . I knew I wanted to go with a true beadlock and 37” mud terrains but I needed a tire that would also have good road manners since she’s my DD. After much reading of reviews and polling the folks in my Jeep club, I ended up going with ATX Slabs and Goodyear MTR Kevlars. They were both delivered last week ❤

I really love the bronze accents that are unique to the 75th Anniversary Edition so I found the closest color of rattle can I could find (turned out to be a perfect match) and painted the rock rings - I know they will get beat up so I figured paint would be much easier to touch up than powder coat.

I also painted the license plate relocation bracket from TNT Customs - I love that it’s an all-in-one piece!

Wheels and tires were installed this weekend and I’m so happy with my choices. The last piece of this stage of my build delivers this week - 3.5” MetalCloak Game Changer Rocksport Edition!!