How to Remove Trail Rash: Getting the Scratches Out!

Xkid

Jeep Fanatic
I think I am going to have to look into this. We get pretty scratched up here in the great white north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I think I am going to have to look into this. We get pretty scratched up here in the great white north.

Use 3M Dark Foam Pad Glaze and a buffer at 2,000 RPM Watch your corners and take your time.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Any issues with the buffer creating swirls in the paint?

If you have good paint and do not over heat an area, no. Foam pad glaze is the easiest of all items to use. If you have a poor re-paint, you can do damage easier. I have showed 30-35 people how to buff like this and never had an issue. I have buffed out 100's of cars and only had an issue with one.... Go figure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
If you have good paint and do not over heat an area, no. Foam pad glaze is the easiest of all items to use. If you have a poor re-paint, you can do damage easier. I have showed 30-35 people how to buff like this and never had an issue. I have buffed out 100's of cars and only had an issue with one.... Go figure.

Thanks. Might be something the Wrenches and Rides folks have a video for....

On another note....I want to see that $200k raptor the author speaks about[emoji848]

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Thanks. Might be something the Wrenches and Rides folks have a video for....

On another note....I want to see that $200k raptor the author speaks about[emoji848]

Chemical guys do great videos on it. Look up the Milwaukee M 18 polisher on Workshop Addict.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Chemical guys do great videos on it. Look up the Milwaukee M 18 polisher on Workshop Addict.

Gotcha. Will do it now. God knows I got plenty of scratches.